American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: turk on September 16, 2009, 04:20:22 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 16, 2009, 11:29:49 AM
Why have Sky no red button option games this season and why do they pick shit games to show? Tampa Bay @ Buffalo is the most uninteresting of the late games next Sunday but its the one they have on. Should have been Pitt @ Chicago or Ravens @ San Diego.

DrinkingHarp - agree with all that but that loss could be the difference between making and missing the playoffs right there. Very unfortunate about Urlacher. He has played hurt the last two years and when he finally looks back to his mean best bang and out for the season.

Yea, there will probably be a pile of Tampa matches shown to help build up to the Wembley match. It was the same the year the Dolphins were going badly but were shown nearly every weeek

Glazer scum!!!!!

turk

Minder

No more f*cking NFL Total Access on Sky Sports by the look of it..............
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thejuice

Total Access was on at 5pm today was it not??

Thinking of doing an accumulator on Vikings, Titans, Redskins, Steelers and Colts. £20 will get you £100
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Minder

Quote from: thejuice on September 18, 2009, 07:27:32 PM
Total Access was on at 5pm today was it not??

Thinking of doing an accumulator on Vikings, Titans, Redskins, Steelers and Colts. £20 will get you £100

It is still showing on Sky guide but there is an issue in the UK, with OFCOM in particular, with product placement and oarts of the show being sponsored. You know the way every section of it is sponsored by someone.

thejuice

Well it used to be an everyday show and then OFCOM harped up and got it reduced. Pity really. I dont know why they would have a problem with it, its not like we can buy anything from nearly all of the companies they advertise.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Minder

Quote from: thejuice on September 18, 2009, 09:53:16 PM
Well it used to be an everyday show and then OFCOM harped up and got it reduced. Pity really. I dont know why they would have a problem with it, its not like we can buy anything from nearly all of the companies they advertise.

Thats exactly what i thought, hopefully with the relaxation in product placement that is being introduced in the UK will allow it to be shown. I read that Sky only know the morning of the day the show is being shown if they are canning it or not, dependent on how blatant the advertising/product placement etc.

thejuice

Glad I didnt put money on the games this weekend. Texans beating Titans, Jets beat Pats, Bengals beating Packers, Saints destroy Philli, Atlanta trying to hold onto an 8 point lead with 1:30 left

magpie seanie

thejuice

was some night of games. Surprised the Bears won, Steelers looking ordinary. Was Polumaulu playing? Steelers kicker will probably lose his job.

Giants looking the strongest. Saints could be big contenders this year. Phili will be a much different team next week if with Vick, and whenever McNabb gets back, not that Kolb was so bad.

magpie seanie

Polamalu didn't play from what I read. Think he could be out for a couple more weeks.

anportmorforjfc

Another good win for the 49ers, hopefully they can get another win on the road at the vikings next week.

Minder

Quote from: thejuice on September 21, 2009, 01:41:26 PM
was some night of games. Surprised the Bears won, Steelers looking ordinary. Was Polumaulu playing? Steelers kicker will probably lose his job.

Giants looking the strongest. Saints could be big contenders this year. Phili will be a much different team next week if with Vick, and whenever McNabb gets back, not that Kolb was so bad.
Quote from: thejuice on September 21, 2009, 01:41:26 PM

Polamolu will be out for a few weeks, Saints will need a bit of a running game to go all the way. Just shows you how much stock you can put in the NFL draft, Marques Colston was either a 7th round pick or undrafted, not sure which. He is one of the best receivers in the NFL. I see NFL Gameday has been canned today, for the same reason Total Access kept getting pulled.

magpie seanie

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on September 21, 2009, 01:49:40 PM
Another good win for the 49ers, hopefully they can get another win on the road at the vikings next week.

I second that! Singletary doing very well as coach. Like the cut of his jib.

Puckoon

Life changing day for two former NFL stars

plaxico starts a 2 year sentence today while Hershel Walker signs with a MMA outfit.

In other news, last nights game was a cracker.