American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 05, 2009, 09:32:49 PM
Ice hockey is fantastic - and I'd have it above any of the other North American sports
I meant my opinion of it...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Puckoon

Ice ockey may be fun to play but from a viewers stand point it's last, seconded only to lacrosse.
plus it gives puck a headache trying to watch the ball.

heganboy

lacrosse- hurling for the co-ordination impaired
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

RMDrive

2-0 to the Lakers. Don't sese the Magie coming back.
I'm sticking with the lakers in 6.

The Iceman

I can watch Basketball - but I would turn it over if the NFL was on another channel.
I'm lost in the summer out here with no NFL until the Autumn.
Setanta is delayed coverage, Justin.tv is horrible quality and with the way things are money wise I don't have $20 + every other weekend to take in a championship game live at the pub.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

tyronefan

Quote from: The Iceman on June 08, 2009, 01:58:31 PM
I can watch Basketball - but I would turn it over if the NFL was on another channel.
Setanta is delayed coverage, Justin.tv is horrible quality and with the way things are money wise I don't have $20 + every other weekend to take in a championship game live at the pub.

is things that bad Iceman

The Iceman

Quote from: tyronefan on June 08, 2009, 02:07:21 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on June 08, 2009, 01:58:31 PM

is things that bad Iceman

money is tight as hell over here - for me anyways
$20 to watch the game - 9am in the morning you'll take a breakfast - that's another $12 at least
It all adds up
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Gabriel_Hurl

the Deel Rover

why bother putting world champions on the ring ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Massey-135

Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 12, 2009, 09:53:22 AM
why bother putting world champions on the ring ?

To distinguish between all the different years and winners?

AZOffaly

I suppose the losing Superbowl team get their respective conference rings, so maybe the 'World Champions' tag is just an exclamation mark to differentiate on first look between them and the Conference rings of the same year.

Gnevin

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 12, 2009, 11:38:35 AM
I suppose the losing Superbowl team get their respective conference rings, so maybe the 'World Champions' tag is just an exclamation mark to differentiate on first look between them and the Conference rings of the same year.
Are Tyrone Gaelic football world champions 2008?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

AZOffaly

I suppose they are, yes. And they have more right to the claim given New York and London are eligible.

the Deel Rover

what would the gaa use as rings maybe a claddagh  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001