American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

T.O is gone from Dallas, apparently he was a distraction in the clubhouse  ::)

Kurt Warner signs a 2 year deal with AZ for 23 million.

T.J. Whosyourmomma signs with Seahawks.

Looks like LT is staying in San Diego although New Orleans wants him on their roster.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

magickingdom

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on March 05, 2009, 06:28:54 PM

Looks like LT is staying in San Diego although New Orleans wants him on their roster.

big surprise there! wheres he going?

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: magickingdom on March 05, 2009, 06:51:44 PM
Quote from: DrinkingHarp on March 05, 2009, 06:28:54 PM

big surprise there! wheres he going?

Looks like T.O. has warn out his welcome in the NFL

The teams that don't want Terrell Owens

By MJD

Terrell Owens is still technically the property of the Dallas Cowboys, so it would be against league rules for other teams to go on record as saying they are or aren't interesting in acquiring his services (though that hasn't stopped the Redskins).

ProFootballTalk.com, though, is keeping a list of teams that have made it known to them through "league sources" that they have no interest in Owens. As of right now, that list includes:

The Dallas Cowboys.
    The New York Giants.
    The Washington Redskins.
    The Baltimore Ravens.
    The San Francisco 49ers.
    The Minnesota Vikings.
    The Atlanta Falcons.
    The Cleveland Browns.
    The San Diego Chargers.
    The Philadelphia Eagles.
    The New York Jets.
    The Tennessee Titans.
    The St. Louis Rams.

And the Eagles and Dolphins are listed as teams that are expected to join the list soon. Donovan McNabb and Bill Parcells are the president and vice president of the "Terrell Owens Deserves a Giant Wedgie Club."

But there are no real surprises there, except maybe a couple of mild ones. The Redskins are always worth mentioning whenever an expensive free agent is available, and the Vikings wanted T.J. Houshmandzadeh badly, but whiffed. I guess they're only in the market for sane receivers.

See more on NFL Free Agency here.

Related: T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Donovan McNabb, Terrell Owens, Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys, Minnesota Vikings, New York Giants, New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles, San Diego Chargers, San Francisco 49ers, St. Louis Rams, Tennessee Titans, Washington Redskins, NFL League Issues

Minder

People may have thought it was a surprise that T.O. got the boot but it wasnt really, he had upset too many people in Dallas. Oakland would probably be the place for him. I would say the mid season trade for Roy Williams would have been a pointer that T.O. would be gone at the end of the season. He is a total bollocks by all accounts but he can play so he will end up somehwere next year.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

heganboy

how good would he be at the colts or the pats?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

BallyhaiseMan

Never work at the Pats,
Him and Randy Moss competing for catches,you seen what he was like when he thought Tony Romo was favouring Whitten,imagine what it would be like when hes overlooked for a better receiver in Moss, Dear God i wouldnt wish even that on the Pats  :D
Hed work at the Colts,but they have no cap room,and i dont know if they would be interested anyway
Bears need a receiver badly,but maybe not that badly!!!
i see him going to Oakland or maybe Tampa who have lots of room under the cap.

DrinkingHarp

Agree with BallyhaiseMan's thoughts.

TO would be crucified in Chicago.

Teams with biggest needs for a short term WR would be Buffalo, Cleveland, Oakland, Tampa Bay and Seattle.

He would be a perfect fit with the Raider Nation and Al Davis is senile enough to sign him.

Minder

He would not fit in New England because Bellichick wouldnt put up with his shite & because they dont need him. They have Moss to stretch the field and Welker for anything underneath. As for the Colts, again they dont need him. They have Reggie Wayne who is an elite receiver, Gonzalez and Dallas Clark. In any event he is on the downside of his career. Bar the 49ers game when he had over 200 yds and the final game against Philly when he had over 100 yds (most of which came when they were already well behind) he averaged 55 yds/game.

GalwayBayBoy

Surely TO and the Raiders are made for each other. ;D

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on March 06, 2009, 09:14:39 PM
Agree with BallyhaiseMan's thoughts.

TO would be crucified in Chicago.

Teams with biggest needs for a short term WR would be Buffalo, Cleveland, Oakland, Tampa Bay and Seattle.

He would be a perfect fit with the Raider Nation and Al Davis is senile enough to sign him.

Quoting myself - T.O. goes to Buffalo for 1 year 6.5 million. He can only last a year per team.

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

thejuice

LT to leave San Diego............maybe! He hasnt been 100% in 2 years, Darren Sproles has stolen his thunder lately. Would anyone take a gamble on him despite his injuries. He would command a lot of money even though he's been in decline.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: thejuice on March 08, 2009, 09:40:16 PM
LT to leave San Diego............maybe! He hasnt been 100% in 2 years, Darren Sproles has stolen his thunder lately. Would anyone take a gamble on him despite his injuries.

Without a doubt. Don't think he'll do the numbers he did a couple of years ago but he'll still be a very productive RB.

Galwaybhoy

It looks like Cutler could be on his way out of Denver.  Very disapointed to hear this, I felt he had the potential to become one of the top QBs in the league.  But from what I heard there dosent seem to be much chance of McDaniels and Cutler settling this.  I'm wondering is this an over reaction by Cutler, who is only using the three-way trade which included Cassel as an exucse to get out of Denver. I dont think anyone in their right mind would trade Cutler for Cassel, even if Josh McDaniels has history working with Cassel.

Minder

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on March 20, 2009, 09:43:39 AM
It looks like Cutler could be on his way out of Denver.  Very disapointed to hear this, I felt he had the potential to become one of the top QBs in the league.  But from what I heard there dosent seem to be much chance of McDaniels and Cutler settling this.  I'm wondering is this an over reaction by Cutler, who is only using the three-way trade which included Cassel as an exucse to get out of Denver. I dont think anyone in their right mind would trade Cutler for Cassel, even if Josh McDaniels has history working with Cassel.

I was watching NFL Access yesterday and they reckon Cutler and his agent, Bus Cook, (yes that is a real name) have been trying to engineer a trade since the Broncos Offensive Coordinator got the bullet with Shanahan and this is a perfect smokescreen.