American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Carmen Stateside

ONeill

Steelers are making hay with every play now.

ONeill

There she is.

Last year was the best chance the Chargers had of a superbowl.

35-17

Carmen Stateside

Game over! Taking a lot of abuse! Eagles for super bowl!

thejuice

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 12, 2009, 12:37:32 AM
Game over! Taking a lot of abuse! Eagles for super bowl!

you in pittsburgh??

Steelers - Eagles superbowl would be cool.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ONeill

Rivers throwing at will now and it's working. Just a pity he froze earlier on.

ONeill

Holy Jaysus - why didn't they do that earlier.

ONeill

Twas a good run. To go from 4-8 to the quarter finals effectively without the main man for most of the last 2 games was enjoyable. Back to the McKenna Cup.

ONeill

Will bow out til next season with one last look at Tamara:

thejuice

Quote from: ONeill on January 12, 2009, 12:59:54 AM
Twas a good run. To go from 4-8 to the quarter finals effectively without the main man for most of the last 2 games was enjoyable. Back to the McKenna Cup.

Tyrone were beat as well, tough day for ye!

AZOffaly

Wahoo, got 2 picks wrong in my Fantasy predictions, but I was never so happy to be wrong. The Cardinals turned in a proper playoff performance, after a hapless opening defensive effort, all the way until the 'prevent' defense gave up another TD in garbage time. We sneer at the NFC West, but the Cards have now beaten the best two teams in the NFLs best division, the NFC south, including a rare away win. Great stuff out of them, and it's all a bonus for the Cardinals now.

The Eagles did them a favour as well, and even though they'll be favourites against the Cardinals, the fact that it's in Arizona rather than in New York against the Giants is a big factor. Donovan McNabb is the type of lad that you can rattle, and if the Cards can somehow shut down Westbrook, they'll have a chance. Philly's Defense is very good, so the Cardinals will have to persist with the run game, even though they're likely to get very little joy from it. But they can't allow the Eagles to tee off against Warner, or to double up on the Wide Receivers. They need to make sure the Eagles keep 7 or 8 in the 'box' against the run.

The games I got right went to script I thought. The Chargers were always going to be a little short of the power required to take on the Steelers in Pittsburgh, and the Steelers running game and their defense stepped up when it was needed. Ron Rivera has done a much better job with the Chargers defense though, if he was there at the start of the season the Chargers would have been more like 10-6 or 11-5 rather than 8-8.

The Ravens and Titans was dour and conservative, as advertised, but the Ravens will be hard beaten as well. I still think the Steelers will win it, but the one thing I'd worry about from their perspective is the offensive line. If the Ravens shut down Willie Parker and Mwelde Moore, Roethlisberger will be running for his life in passing situations, because the Steelers O-Line looks like their waving at lads going past them at times.

It's hotting up though...

Gabriel_Hurl

There has to be some Irish blood in that fella Larry Fitzgerald

Maybe you could get him lining out for the Biffos, AZ