American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muck Savage

Quote from: thewobbler on January 24, 2022, 04:37:33 PM
Chiefs have to be clear favourites because they've got the most complete QB by a distance. And while it's very easy to see Burrow and Chase combining for 300 yards and multiple TDs, they probably need 500 yards and 5 TDs.

On paper Rams have more potential than 49ers  to give Chiefs a game in the Super Bowl, as I'm not sure even Mahomes gets away from their pass rush unscathed. But whereas Rams have all season seemed weaker than the sum of their parts, 49ers seem quite accepting that they've got more or less no QB and it seems to have galvanised them. As they showed against both Dallas and GB, their defence doesn't get flustered by big name QBs, and the 3 simple outs of Mitchell, Samuel and Kittle means that same D tends to get a long rest between drives.

I'm going for 49ers to win a low scoring SuperBowl over KC. There's just something wonderfully simple and efficient about how the 49ers play that could see them spoiling the party from here in.

Cant see the Niners secondary being able to survive Stafford, they are far too weak even though the D line are able to get pressure on the QB. Jimmy is just not at this level. Niners have won both games against LA this season but they carried a lot of injuries. Rams by 5

Cant see the Bengals repeating the win against KC. So KC/Rams Super bowl with the Rams to win a shootout. I would prefer a Nicer/Bengals game with niners winning haha.

Capt Pat

Chiefs look to be favourites for the super bowl. However the way this season has gone any team can beat any other team on any given day. The 49ers were almost as good as the chiefs 2 years ago in the super bowl.  The 49ers had a lot of injury problems last year and were not as good. However they are back this year and could be the ones to trouble the chiefs most.

lurganblue

Sean Payton stepping down from the Saints after 15 years.  End of am era there.  Lots of big changes coming into next season with a few teams in the hunt for a new HC.

Gabriel_Hurl

gallsman

I'll believe it when he's not there WK1 in September.

gallsman

Apparently not retired or retiring just yet.

dec

Saffrongael

Did Mahomes drink a bottle of whiskey at half time ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Captain Obvious

21 to 3 ahead at home some collapse by the chiefs.

Wildweasel74

Big shock there, Didn't turn up 2nf half

ONeill

At least there can be no more real shocks.

Bengals defence kicked into gear after half time.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Muck Savage

Taart dropping a dead bang INT didn't help. Play calling a run up the middle did not work all day, so Shanahan play calling always goes in the tank, he chokes. Our corners suck all year,  so finally taken to the cleaners, and Jimmy is not good enough
Was hoping for a repeat of '88

Hope the Bengals win now.

Captain Obvious

Tom Brady has officially announced his retirement from the NFL

Capt Pat

Flores the black former Dolphins head coach is suing the NFL because it is racist. Apparently Belichek sent Flores a text mistakenly congratulating him on getting the giants head coach job. The text was supposed to be sent to Dabol(white) the Bills OC. Flores still had an interview with the Giants pending. He was not happy and still attended the Giants interview but obviously didn't get it.

In the NFL they have a rule called the Rooney rule which makes teams interview minority candidates for head coaching and general manager roles. it has long been said that it doesn't really help as teams just interview minority candidates without really considering them for the big jobs. Hence the reason for the Flores law suit.

cadhlancian

Superbowl sunday ! Probably gonna be the hottest one on record . A lot of hype around the HT show , hope it delivers! I think the Rams by 10 with Von miller having a monster day with AD probably doubled all day ....