American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: Syferus on February 05, 2018, 03:59:40 AM
It's still disgusting that it took them this long to enshrine Owens. Serious begrudgery in the greybeard NFL elite.

Its the Hall of Fame, Jerry Kramer, the greatest ever to play in his position in the last fifty years of the 20th century got in on the 11th time of asking, focus on the fact he got in, not how long it took him.

stew

I started following the Pats in the Doug Flutie days and what a ride it has been, I dont think any one team will ever again dominate the way the pats have in the free agency era, it has been brilliant, fair play to the Eagles, they were unstoppable last night and fully deserved the win, Brady was excellent yet got outshone for once by Folles, a rarity in itself but what a game both teams played, ht ebest ever? I think so.

I think thats the end of this run, the end of the Patriots era, I thought the Eagles were going to be the winners here and so it proved, if it is Brady will go down in history as the greatest player in football history, not bad for a backup late round pick, he is simply the greatest ever and his contribution to the game is immeasureable.

So well done Eagles, enjoy the win and fly eagles fly.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 05, 2018, 03:55:53 AM
Also - delighted for Brian Urlacher on his elevation to the HOF. Incredible player.

100% Seanie, he was unreal, I got to see him plenty of times and nobody came close to him in his prime, nobody.

Bord na Mona man

How badly ill could Malcolm Butler have been to end up being benched?
I bet Brian Whelahan was in worse shape in 1998.

magpie seanie

Frank Reich on MMQB with Peter King revelealed they practiced the Foles TD catch play in the ballroom of the hotel. Serious slip up by the Patriots not to have cameras in there!  :P

Therealdonald

The Pats dynasty will go down as a great dynasty for sure. However the off-field issues with SpyGate and the deflated balls will tarnish their legacy a small bit. Brady has to go down as the clutchest QB to ever play, but will he go down as the greatest I'm not so sure.

TabClear

Quote from: Therealdonald on February 05, 2018, 04:10:41 PM
The Pats dynasty will go down as a great dynasty for sure. However the off-field issues with SpyGate and the deflated balls will tarnish their legacy a small bit. Brady has to go down as the clutchest QB to ever play, but will he go down as the greatest I'm not so sure.

Not even a question in my mind on that and I grew up watching Joe Cool in his prime.  8) 8)

magpie seanie

Quote from: TabClear on February 05, 2018, 04:18:46 PM

Not even a question in my mind on that and I grew up watching Joe Cool in his prime.  8) 8)

How would he fare playing for Green Bay at the moment?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on February 05, 2018, 09:40:58 AM

He played Special Teams I think. Something else going on there I'd say.

Gabriel_Hurl

Very strange no doubt

Quote@MikeReiss

Just caught up with a very emotional Malcolm Butler, alongside Adam Schefter. "They gave up on me. F***. It is what it is," Butler told us.

TabClear

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 05, 2018, 04:20:22 PM
Quote from: TabClear on February 05, 2018, 04:18:46 PM

How would he fare playing for Green Bay at the moment?

Lol, which one. Fair point, you have to have the weapons but to me that is one of the reasons why Brady is the GOAT. How many times has he struck up a understanding with a "new" target. Yes he had Gronk, MOss et al but just look at Amendola this year or Bennett last year. When Edelman went down Brady just moved onto Amendola as his go to guy.

Asal Mor

:)

stew

Quote from: Asal Mor on February 05, 2018, 05:47:37 PM

I see the philly scum are looting, turning over cars and doing what you expect from a gaggle of low lifes! Their team were magnificent and they, some of the fans have to act the hard men and wreck property and behave in anti social behaviour, durt!

AZOffaly

Quote from: stew on February 06, 2018, 11:01:21 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on February 05, 2018, 05:47:37 PM

I see the philly scum are looting, turning over cars and doing what you expect from a gaggle of low lifes! Their team were magnificent and they, some of the fans have to act the hard men and wreck property and behave in anti social behaviour, durt!

I don't understand that. It's happened in other cities too in the past. What's the rationale? We won, so we'll wreck our own city? Ahem, Boston features.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/05/here-are-five-american-cities-which-rioted-after-sporting-success-and-defeat-7289493/