American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 07, 2018, 09:22:00 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 07, 2018, 09:20:35 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 07, 2018, 09:17:45 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 07, 2018, 09:14:31 PM
All Nathan Peterman does is throw interceptions. Well done coach McDermott.

Why are you having a go at McDermott there? Taylor was out and they had to throw it. Maybe wouldn't call an Out alright but I don't think I'd hang that on the coach.

As for Taylor, he's a poor thrower himself.

He's not a great thrower but as a QB he's so far ahead of Peterman it's not even funny. McDermott is only keeping his job because his insanity mid-season dropping Taylor didn't cost them a spot in the play-offs.

He's up shít creek without a paddle now with Taylor sure to walk, a terrible rookie left and a poor draft position meaning they'll need to pay big to move up and grab a decent prospect in the draft.

I get all that. I thought you were blaming McDermott for the interception or for putting peterman in.

I'd prefer the veteran in that spot over Peterman, Joe Webb at least could have bought you time. Peterman is so under-cooked he looks like a frozen jambon out there. McDermott doesn't rate Taylor and it's caused him to severely over-rate how good Peterman is twice this season.

Therealdonald

Quote from: thewobbler on January 07, 2018, 09:22:36 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on January 07, 2018, 09:17:21 PM
My bad.i thought they had to go to New England next week. Jags be hard to beat.but someone explain how that wasn't an incomplete pass?
Because his arm was underneath the ball the whole time?

The ball clearly moved? Another bad call this weekend.

Capt Pat

Why are you having a go at McDermott there? Taylor was out and they had to throw it. Maybe wouldn't call an Out alright but I don't think I'd hang that on the coach.

He's not a great thrower but as a QB he's so far ahead of Peterman it's not even funny. McDermott is only keeping his job because his insanity mid-season dropping Taylor didn't cost them a spot in the play-offs.

He's up shít creek without a paddle now with Taylor sure to walk, only a terrible rookie left on the roster and a poor draft position meaning they'll need to pay big to move up and grab a decent QB prospect in the draft. Mayfield in Buffalo looks the most attainable and he has big question marks hanging over his maturity.

The Bills do have 2 first round draft picks they could use to trade up and get a qb.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on January 07, 2018, 09:25:02 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 07, 2018, 09:22:00 PM

He's up shít creek without a paddle now with Taylor sure to walk, a terrible rookie left and a poor draft position meaning they'll need to pay big to move up and grab a decent prospect in the draft.

I get all that. I thought you were blaming McDermott for the interception or for putting peterman in.

I'd prefer the veteran in that spot over Peterman, Joe Webb at least could have bought you time. Peterman is so under-cooked he looks like a frozen jambon out there. McDermott doesn't rate Taylor and it's caused him to severely over-rate how good Peterman is twice this season.
It will be interesting to see where Taylor ends up if he leaves. His throwing is very raggedy. Missed a lot of open receivers today. He is athletic and a good runner. Seems like a leader too. Would the Bills franchise him?

AZOffaly

A different game completely when 2 good QBs are playing.

Syferus

Jeff Reinhold is a better analyst than anyone on the big networks in the States.

EDIT: Googled him and found out he spent several days transporting a Hamilton Tiger-Cats (where he was coaching) player's belongings to Edmonton when he was traded. Class.

http://www.3downnation.com/2017/09/07/jeff-reinebold-helping-john-chick-dont-talk/

Therealdonald

Quote from: Syferus on January 07, 2018, 11:45:34 PM
Jeff Reinhold is a better analyst than anyone on the big networks in the States.

EDIT: Googled him and found out he spent several days transporting a Hamilton Tiger-Cats (where he was coaching) player's belongings to Edmonton when he was traded. Class.

http://www.3downnation.com/2017/09/07/jeff-reinebold-helping-john-chick-dont-talk/

Nah syferus...Tony Romo is different gravy when it comes to analysis. Strahan and Howie Long good at it too. Reinhold is Sky's version of Marty Morrisey

Syferus

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 07, 2018, 11:58:18 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 07, 2018, 11:45:34 PM

Nah syferus...Tony Romo is different gravy when it comes to analysis. Strahan and Howie Long good at it too. Reinhold is Sky's version of Marty Morrisey

Ok.

Syferus

Cam has been playing lights out since the concussion.

Clov

Crazy finish.
I thought Cam was just outside the tackle box on the intentional grounding call.
The lack of a redzone target really hurt the Panthers in the end.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

Therealdonald

Great finish to a great game. Just shows there's no room for error in the playoffs.Gano makes the first FG, and Cam is Superman. Funchess had a chance in the end zone but couldn't re-set his feet.

gallsman

4 man rush on the hail Mary and they just walked through to Cam. Embarrassing from the O-Line to not even give him a chance to give them a chance.

screenexile

Just watched DJ almost get a 433 yard hole in one... Obscene!!!

Therealdonald

Quote from: screenexile on January 08, 2018, 01:09:44 AM
Just watched DJ almost get a 433 yard hole in one... Obscene!!!

He walked after saying "I caught it thin" LOL. He's da man

lurganblue

Thought Brees was fantastic last night. Looked calm throughout. Not sure that performance would be good enough to beat the Vikings though.