American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 31, 2017, 10:50:50 PM
Well the worst run franchise in the NFL are 13-3 for the season. I am happy with that.

Their roof caved in, they had Randy Moss ffs and could win nothing with him there, remind me again how many organizations have had their roof collapse onto the field since, oh I dunno, ever?

The Browns are probably worse, possibly worse and the Vikings will not wion the superbowl, they will dung the togs, its what they do!

In related news, the Badgers beat thre Floridians and have theor best coming back next year, Wisco to win it all next season. )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Syferus

Auburn-UCF is a good lead in for the two big games tonight. Kerryon is fit again and with the UCF coach juggling two jobs at the minute I'd expect the Tigers to close out a good season, that was perhaps an injury away from being a great one, on a high. The ideal situation for Auburn next season is to return Stidham (sure bet), Pettaway (lead back in 2016, good chance) and Johnson (who knows?). You wouldn't find a better backfield than that in college ball next year.

Oraisteach

Stew, do not take away the one title we have--right now, the Browns are the worst organization.

Wisconsin should make a serious run next year, especially since they don't have to play Ohio State during the regular season, but they do have a few difficult away games: Northwestern, Michigan, and most difficult of all, Penn State.

gallsman

Mayfield will be unbearable in the NFL.

AZOffaly

Quote from: gallsman on January 02, 2018, 12:10:18 AM

There's a school of thought that he will be completely different in the nfl and it might not suit him. All he's ever wanted is to QB Oklahoma. The NFL won't have the same fire for him so he'll need something else to fire him up. An interesting character alright but he's a hell of a thrower.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 02, 2018, 12:19:07 AM

There's a school of thought that he will be completely different in the nfl and it might not suit him. All he's ever wanted is to QB Oklahoma. The NFL won't have the same fire for him so he'll need something else to fire him up. An interesting character alright but he's a hell of a thrower.

He has the Johnny Manziel braindeadness about him off the field. His best bet would be dropping in the draft to a team with an established starter where he can sit for a year or two and maybe calm the fûck down.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on January 02, 2018, 12:57:03 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 02, 2018, 12:19:07 AM

He has the Johnny Manziel braindeadness about him off the field. His best bet would be dropping in the draft to a team with an established starter where he can sit for a year or two and maybe calm the fûck down.

I know what you mean but I think he's different to manziel. He's getting it different in the second half today!

Oraisteach

What's the chances of the Browns taking Mayfield in light of Darnold's poor performance the other night?

Syferus

Quote from: Oraisteach on January 02, 2018, 01:25:37 AM
What's the chances of the Browns taking Mayfield in light of Darnold's poor performance the other night?

Given the obvious comparisons with Manziel there's no chance they take him. He's not really in the discussion for #1 unless everyone ahead of him that can opts to remain in college.

Oraisteach

I was thinking the same thing, Syf. He has definite Manziel appeal athletically. Darnold looks like every INT-throwing QBs we've drafted, and I don't think they see Rosen as ready.

AZOffaly

What a finish. Dawgs go to the final.

Syferus

Georgia win in double OT. Most likely national title game is now Georgia-Alabama.

What will they be thinking on the Plains if they're watching their two biggest rivals, whom they beat well this season, playing for the big one?

heganboy

That was a great finish to that game.

Obviously Georgia won because God likes them more than Oklahoma according to the freshman QB.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Syferus

Quote from: heganboy on January 02, 2018, 02:29:01 AM
That was a great finish to that game.

Obviously Georgia won because God likes them more than Oklahoma according to the freshman QB.

Do you really need to be a massive twát about something a teenager said?

Syferus

The Tide are an unbelievable machine. Just when Clemson had got a bit of traction, interception. And the big boy who got the INT caught the follow-up TD pass too..

EDIT: All over bar the window dressing with a pick-six by Bryant.