American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on November 03, 2017, 02:25:23 PM
Non-contact cruciate makes me think of Bridgewater, who still isn't back fit enough to play a year and a bit later. For a dual threat QB like Watson this could be a massive blow.

Still can't get over how peak Cleveland Browns the botched CC on the email nullifying the trade for McCarron was.
A lot of  cruciates are non-contact. Teddy did his ACL, but also did significant other damage, including dislocating his knee joint.. I don't know if Watson's is as bad as that.

By the way, I'd say Bridgewater may start next week, after the bye.

As for the bit in bold, yes, they are officially a laughing stock. How the continually screw things up is beyond belief. And even going after AJ McCarron was enough of a stretch!! At this stage they might as well get Kevin Costner in there as GM for real....

gallsman

Zeke able to play this weekend. Just in time to f**k me on fantasy  >:(

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 03, 2017, 02:54:20 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 03, 2017, 02:25:23 PM
Non-contact cruciate makes me think of Bridgewater, who still isn't back fit enough to play a year and a bit later. For a dual threat QB like Watson this could be a massive blow.

Still can't get over how peak Cleveland Browns the botched CC on the email nullifying the trade for McCarron was.
A lot of  cruciates are non-contact. Teddy did his ACL, but also did significant other damage, including dislocating his knee joint.. I don't know if Watson's is as bad as that.

By the way, I'd say Bridgewater may start next week, after the bye.

As for the bit in bold, yes, they are officially a laughing stock. How the continually screw things up is beyond belief. And even going after AJ McCarron was enough of a stretch!! At this stage they might as well get Kevin Costner in there as GM for real....

Read a few well enough placed journos on twitter reckon someone in Browns FO killed the deal on purpose and it was just to try and appease Hue Jackson to start with.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Syferus

38-38 in Bedlam

..at half-time.

Oraisteach

Buckeyes getting creamed by Iowa. Was 17-17, but now 38-17 Iowa! Ouch!

FT: 55-24.

Michigan State beats Penn State, so there goes the Big 10's chances of making the playoffs

Syferus

Quote from: Oraisteach on November 04, 2017, 10:42:33 PM

The state of Iowa is single-handedly making a complete mess of the college playoff picture this year.

AZOffaly

Michigan State beats Penn State, so there goes the Big 10's chances of making the playoffs

If Wisconsin wins out they'd surely get in. They'd never leave an unbeaten big 10 champion out.

AZOffaly

Here, if a kickoff is not downed by the receiving team in the end zone, is the ball not live? In Bedlam after that last Oklahoma to, their kickoff went over the head of the lad in the end zone, and he ran off towards the sideline. But the ball bounced on its point and actually stopped dead in the end zone with the coverage lads running down.the ref blew it dead but I think he thought it was going out the back of the end zone.

Oraisteach

Not up on the rules, AZ, but I don't think anyone has to down the ball, but wouldn't put any money on that opinion.

As for Wisconsin, even if they go unbeaten, I can't see the committee leapfrogging over Georgia, Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame or Oklahoma if they don't lose any more (assuming GA and AL play in SEC c'ship and it's close).  Wisconsin will have beaten only one top 25 team at most.  Not an impressive resume.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Oraisteach on November 05, 2017, 01:07:51 AM
Not up on the rules, AZ, but I don't think anyone has to down the ball, but wouldn't put any money on that opinion.

As for Wisconsin, even if they go unbeaten, I can't see the committee leapfrogging over Georgia, Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame or Oklahoma if they don't lose any more (assuming GA and AL play in SEC c'ship and it's close).  Wisconsin will have beaten only one top 25 team at most.  Not an impressive resume.

In the NFL you do. Not for punts, but kickoffs are live until they go out of bounds or are downed. Maybe ncaa rules are different.

Oraisteach

I'm sure you're right, AZ. 

stew

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 04, 2017, 11:27:46 PM

If Wisconsin wins out they'd surely get in. They'd never leave an unbeaten big 10 champion out.

Especially since they are in the top 3 for fans travelling to see bowl games.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gallsman

Another crazy and in the Seattle game. Great stones from Cousins.

The chiefs scored with an absolutely brilliant disguised play against the cowboys

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on November 06, 2017, 12:56:05 AM
Another crazy and in the Seattle game. Great stones from Cousins.

The chiefs scored with an absolutely brilliant disguised play against the cowboys

That KC play was excellent, really enjoyed watching it.

AZOffaly

I did too, and it is something I've been wondering for ages why others haven't done it. A hail mary is just that, whereas this was almost set up like a punt return, but only having to beat 8 players instead of 11. Loved it.

I'd love to see a rugby style passing movement tried as well. I think if you're on the half way line, and can set up a screen or even a pitch to the side, I bet you'd make 20 or 30 yards if you set up like a rugby back line and passed the ball that way.