American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Cardinals Rams should be close.  It normally is. It can't be the Patriots every year!

cadhlancian

Ah Jeez Az, take DJ of that cardinals roster and they're very average , definitely on the downward slide. And the Rams? Seriously, a complete f**king mess, really no other way to describe them..
Somebody like the Packers v Giants or the Cowboys v Steelers or the Pats v Jets etc...

AZOffaly

But the game should be close. I'm not saying the Cards are an elite team at the moment but with Fitz, Johnson, Jones, Matthieu, Peterson, Buchanan etc, they still should be better than they are this year, and I'd hope they'll be better next year. The NFL is a week to week/ year to year deal so it's a bit disingenuous to predict next season. God knows I watched enough shite Cardinal football to be able to sit through a game in London though. I can't wait. It's 2000 since I saw them live. If you've lived through Kent Graham 'inspired' teams, this is a golden age for us 😀

Oraisteach

AZ, you're choosing to see the Cards over the Browns?  I'm shocked.  Show up to Twickenham early enough and you may start as QB for the Browns.

Minder

How 'bout them Browns Oraisteach  ;D

Probably lost #1 draft pick in the process !
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Humiliation for the Chargers. 5000 miles away and red faced.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Bad looking injury for Carr  :'(

Edit : broken leg

Pencil the Pats in as the AFC rep for the SuperBowl

AZOffaly

Quote from: Minder on December 24, 2016, 11:58:35 PM
Bad looking injury for Carr  :'(

Edit : broken leg

Pencil the Pats in as the AFC rep for the SuperBowl

I was pencilling in the Pats anyway.  First time all season the Cards show a bit of guts and fight. Too little too late but still good to see.

Syferus

ABP - Anyone But the Patriots. Even fecking Dallas.

Minder

gallsman

Tyler Lockett made one of the ballsiest plays I've seen holding a catch whilst being his leg broken. Seahawks let him down and couldn't get in from the 1.

Gmac

Quote from: Minder on December 25, 2016, 03:48:23 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 25, 2016, 03:12:11 PM

+1
patriots will be in the Super Bowl so it will have to be an nfc team to beat them don't see any afc team touching them , the Cowboys might be a year early for them the Giants have a great record against them but it will be hard for them to get there,  the packers or Seattle could definitely beat them if they got to the Super Bowl.

Minder

Quote from: Gmac on December 25, 2016, 06:26:41 PM
Quote from: Minder on December 25, 2016, 03:48:23 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 25, 2016, 03:12:11 PM

+1
patriots will be in the Super Bowl so it will have to be an nfc team to beat them don't see any afc team touching them , the Cowboys might be a year early for them the Giants have a great record against them but it will be hard for them to get there,  the packers or Seattle could definitely beat them if they got to the Super Bowl.

Think the Steelers would have a punchers chance against them with their O

Far East

On their current trajectory, the Packers have all the tools to beat the Patriots.  Rodgers has been phenomenal of late and while their D will give up yards, they're becoming increasingly opportunistic and will turn over enough ball to give Monsignor Brady plenty to think about.

gallsman

BAL-PIT had some 4th quarter. Brown and Bell are unstoppable.