American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Carolina's D scored me an incredible 30 last night. Of course, they've been shite all year so I benched them in favour of the Bengals, who returned me a wonderful 4. I f**king hate this game sometimes.

AZOffaly

I watched the guts of 4 full games last night, and the standard of officiating is a shambles. I thought I was just sour at the Carolina game, but they were crap in all the games.

tippabu

Jamie collins trades from pats to browns for 3rd round pick

Syferus

Auburn looking hot and up to #11 after beating Ole Miss with a come from behind win. Only one meaningful game left on their schedule before the Iron Bowl, but it's against Georgia and that's the next biggest rivalry for the Tigers. Bulldogs are un-ranked but at home and form can go out the window in these sorts of grudge matches..

gallsman

You're very quiet about Carolina this year, Syf. Any thoughts?

magpie seanie

Some job by Da Bears last night. No offensive line, dodgy Jay back, a RB who looked like his wheels had come off after a good start lining up against a hitherto impressive Vikings defence. Only one winner, surely???!!!!

I said it before but I think the Bears are playing hard and are better than their record suggests. Injuries have really hampered them but I think Fox is making progress.

Oraisteach

Well, the Cubs thump the Indians 9-3 in Game 6 of the Series.  The decider in Cleveland tomorrow.

cadhlancian

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 01, 2016, 01:33:58 PM
Some job by Da Bears last night. No offensive line, dodgy Jay back, a RB who looked like his wheels had come off after a good start lining up against a hitherto impressive Vikings defence. Only one winner, surely???!!!!

I said it before but I think the Bears are playing hard and are better than their record suggests. Injuries have really hampered them but I think Fox is making progress.
Emmmmm.... Which team had no OL??

gawa316

Quote from: Oraisteach on November 02, 2016, 03:42:43 AM
Well, the Cubs thump the Indians 9-3 in Game 6 of the Series.  The decider in Cleveland tomorrow.

As a neutral wanted Cubs to win tonight. Tomorrow I'm just looking for a close one with plenty of nerves and tension!

Orior

Quote from: gawa316 on November 02, 2016, 04:15:00 AM

As a neutral wanted Cubs to win tonight. Tomorrow I'm just looking for a close one with plenty of nerves and tension!

Is this the World Series, and final game of the season?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Oraisteach

gawa316

Quote from: Orior on November 02, 2016, 01:09:40 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on November 02, 2016, 04:15:00 AM

Is this the World Series, and final game of the season?

Yes it is and maybe I didn't word it correctly as there will obviously be nerves and tensions but I just don't want it to be a blow out

Carmen Stateside

The goat is being slaughtered

Carmen Stateside

Suddenly Indians back in the game

Ball Hopper

Level pegging 6-6 after 8 innings.