American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

You have to tip your hat to them in fairness. 3rd string quarterback and they never missed a beat. Is Belichick or Daniels a West Coast offence guy? That's what it looks like. 8 yards, 6 yards, 12 yards. Must be very frustrating to defend against.

Does make you wonder if Tom Brady is all that after all :) :)

gallsman

In one way, I'm kind of disappointed as I really wanted to see Edelman playing QB but that's an absolutely outstanding performance.

Norf Tyrone

Is there a website where one can see what NFL games are live on which channels. LJ Satellite does it but it's mostly UK and Europe. I am looking to see what US channels are covering what games.

Specifically I am looking to see what channel on mobdro I need to use to see tonight's Viking's game.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Syferus

Thank f**k Auburn managed to win one of the three big home games to start the season. They've actually been competitive in all of them and had chances to win them but like so much of Malzahn's tenure post Kick Six they've conspired to find ways to lose games. Still hanging on by a thread with the away slate to come but at least there's some hope now. Les Miles in LSU looks more frigged than ever now, though.

Gabriel_Hurl

One of the best young pitchers in baseball - Jose Fernandez of the Miami Marlins was tragically killed in a boating accident early this morning

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/marlins-star-jose-fernandez-dies-in-boating-accident-131251128.html

gallsman

Will the real Arizona Cardinals please stand up. Which ones are they?

gallsman

Is it just me or is today particularly mental with timings of turnovers, turnovers immediately given back, dodgy kicks, crucial play reviews etc?!

Asal Mor

Yep and there's another huge one. Been a hectic evening on redzone. Well done to the Redskins. Feeling good about my 11/4 on the Eagles to win their division, though they might struggle tonight.  We'll learn a lot more about Wentz tonight too.

gallsman

Giants and Titans both had huge late fourth quarter plays brought back for sheer stupidity. In the Giants' case it cost them the game.

RealSpiritof98

Cleveland is just sick viewing

Minder

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 25, 2016, 09:47:50 PM
Cleveland is just sick viewing

Yeah they can do it, that kicker may clear out his locker, only signed this weekend too
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Capt Pat

The Vikings had another big win tonight 22-10 over the Panthers in Carolina. The Panthers were 10-0 up after 10 minutes before the Vikings defensive line started getting to Cam.

gallsman

Huge statement by the Eagles.

Hound

Quote from: gallsman on September 25, 2016, 07:11:08 PM
A season too far for Palmer perhaps, but hopefully just a bad day.

Need to sort out the feckin' long snapper too. Cost them heavily v NE as well as yesterday.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hound on September 26, 2016, 10:10:59 AM
Quote from: gallsman on September 25, 2016, 07:11:08 PM
A season too far for Palmer perhaps, but hopefully just a bad day.

Need to sort out the feckin' long snapper too. Cost them heavily v NE as well as yesterday.

Palmer has at least one of those every year. Wouldn't worry about it being a season too far or anything like that. The big thing with this team is they need to stop believing the f*cking hype. They are yapping about Superbowls and home field advantage since the start of training camp. Screw that, just do your job. David Johnson is brilliant. Larry is brilliant. Palmer is very good. But the offensive and defensive lines are not delivering, and that's all attitude. Tackling has been poor. Special teams has been average at best.