American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

Commentators are saying that by rule the play should never have been run.  Still, a terrific finish.

ONeill

Unbelievable choke from the Chargers.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

RealSpiritof98

As a 49ers fan its so sad to see Alex Smith do his thing, what a 1st set of games. NFL is back baby, What a call by the Raiders.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on September 11, 2016, 09:42:14 PM

And a season ending injury to Keenan Allen into the bargain
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Oraisteach

Of course, Minder, since he's my top receiver.

cadhlancian

Patriots , different gravy! That's what sets them apart. On the road, a top 5 opponent , no Brady, Gronk, Solder or Minkovich.... The rest of the AFC East lost...

cadhlancian

Quote from: ONeill on September 11, 2016, 09:42:14 PM
McCoy is a ball bag . Went way too conservative in the second half , play calling was a joke. Stopped rushing Smith etc. Marty got ran out of town with a 14-2 record for being too conservative, this fool won 4 games last year...

AZOffaly

Quote from: cadhlancian on September 12, 2016, 05:13:15 AM
Patriots , different gravy! That's what sets them apart. On the road, a top 5 opponent , no Brady, Gronk, Solder or Minkovich.... The rest of the AFC East lost...

Not sure Cardinals are top 5. I'm very worried about that defense. They couldn't get the Pats off the field on 3rd down. Still missed a field goal to win it but they didn't really deserve a win the way the defense played. They've been lacklustre all pre-season, and all this talk about Superbowls is very premature.

Belichick is unreal though. I knew this would be a struggle as he had basically 2 weeks to prepare for the Cardinals, and he normally gets that sort of lead time spot on, a bit like Saban in Alabama. For the Cards, hopefully this is a wakeup call, and they up the workrate massively. Missed tackles would do your head in.

cadhlancian

Their tackling was very poor, and Williams is gonna get picked on all year....

AZOffaly

Quote from: cadhlancian on September 12, 2016, 01:35:19 PM
Their tackling was very poor, and Williams is gonna get picked on all year....

Agree. MAybe Revis will get cut :)

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on September 09, 2016, 06:11:47 PM
Quote from: Declan on September 09, 2016, 08:37:45 AM
See the officiating standard hasn't changed much in the NFL - some horrible hits on Newton last night - Good win for the Broncos though

That can't be true, otherwise Syferus would have been on slobbering all over him.

You're still walking funny after Newton ripped the hole off your idea of how good he can be last year I see..

gallsman

Quote from: Syferus on September 12, 2016, 02:26:16 PM
Quote from: gallsman on September 09, 2016, 06:11:47 PM
Quote from: Declan on September 09, 2016, 08:37:45 AM
See the officiating standard hasn't changed much in the NFL - some horrible hits on Newton last night - Good win for the Broncos though

That can't be true, otherwise Syferus would have been on slobbering all over him.

You're still walking funny after Newton ripped the hole off your idea of how good he can be last year I see..

Yes, that's it. I care *that* much about how good Cam is our isn't.

tyroneman

JDR. Balls of steel.

On a road trip, in a hostile environment, against an elite QB and offence, with our big money CB playing like dung and eventually benched and Khalil Mack being anonymous, 14 points down going into the 4th.......yet we come away 1-0

Unbelievable.......

gawa316

Quote from: tyroneman on September 12, 2016, 10:14:12 PM
JDR. Balls of steel.

On a road trip, in a hostile environment, against an elite QB and offence, with our big money CB playing like dung and eventually benched and Khalil Mack being anonymous, 14 points down going into the 4th.......yet we come away 1-0

Unbelievable.......

Thought that field attempt was good when I seen it first. Unbelievable 4th quarter