American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vertigonights

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: gallsman on June 17, 2016, 06:56:56 AM
Au contraire, I think Love should vanish altogether. He's just not working with that team.

This would be an incredible, never before achieved comeback in the finals and if Iggy is out, I'd probably label the Cavs as slight favourites as he's been the Warriors best player all season.

LeBron is a dick, everyone knows it, but his ability, drive and determination are simply astonishing. Can't help but like him a little bit as well as admire him. He needs to give up being the GM though...

why? in my eyes he is one of the greatest athletes ever.  Would love to see him win again.  The only person who was a dick last night was Curry

gallsman

Because he insists on playing, coaching and GMing. He's still brash and arrogant (going back to Cleveland doesn't undo The Decision) and frequently lacking in class and grace.

I love him though. He's a phenomenon.

Oraisteach

Nothing can undo the Decision, but he did return to Cleveland, which I never thought he would, and so, believing in forgiveness, I for one forgive the Prodigal Son, win or lose in Game 7.

Syferus

LeBron has hardly set a foot wrong. Some of these athletes are up to mad stuff and he's managed this fame since he's been in HS. Would be delighted if he brought a championship to Cleveland.

heganboy

Holy crap! I have no idea how this can be viewed as fair refereeing. Absolutely disgraceful.

LBJ is at it again. But as sharp as he was the last game though. Niggling and trash talking. Funniest thing I heard tonight "he is the NBAs Canavan."
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Asal Mor

Quote from: heganboy on June 20, 2016, 02:34:11 AM
Holy crap! I have no idea how this can be viewed as fair refereeing. Absolutely disgraceful.

LBJ is at it again. But as sharp as he was the last game though. Niggling and trash talking. Funniest thing I heard tonight "he is the NBAs Canavan."
What's going on Heganboy. I've no way to watch it, just following the box score.

Carmen Stateside

going down to the wire.  Irving doing enough to keep Cleveland in it. Draymon Green has been shooting 3s for fun

heganboy

Watching with mostly neutrals. Could not get over some of the calls going against gsw.

Green has been great. Kyrie Irvine fantastic. Some very poor decision making by curry. Thomson doing well.

LBJ doing really well when he drives to the basket. Jefferson also doing well. Cool customer. 20 lead changes and 11 ties so far.

Carmen Stateside

can't get much closer than this. Great viewing. What a block from LeBron. He's been brilliant.  Curry behind the back pass was a bit puzzling

Carmen Stateside

What a massive three from Irving

Carmen Stateside

Cavs are champions.  Lebron has done it for Cleveland, delighted for the city.

screenexile

Don't usually watch basketball but saw it was on after Game of Thrones... Serious effort from Lebron in the last few minutes that block was amazing and sport at its best.

Great for a City like Cleveland to win it!

heganboy

And Cleveland take it. Huge win for the team and for the city.

I would imagine that officiating team will be getting a lot of Christmas cards from Ohio, maybe not so much from the west coast. When the margins are that close, I think they were one of the biggest factors in that game.

You got to respect the result though. Irving was player of the series in our group. Let's see what the officials say...

Asal Mor

Quote from: screenexile on June 20, 2016, 03:43:30 AM
Don't usually watch basketball but saw it was on after Game of Thrones... Serious effort from Lebron in the last few minutes that block was amazing and sport at its best.

Great for a City like Cleveland to win it!
Yeah that block was amazing. That Curry v Jordan conversation won't be happening but the Lebron v Jordan one will.