American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: gawa316 on May 24, 2016, 05:19:32 PM
Yeah that is a clear banning incident, very lucky to get away with it.

Warriors up against it now, lose tonight and they are done.

I don think so, this is a seven game series and they are two one down right?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gawa316

Quote from: stew on May 24, 2016, 08:37:09 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on May 24, 2016, 05:19:32 PM
Yeah that is a clear banning incident, very lucky to get away with it.

Warriors up against it now, lose tonight and they are done.

I don think so, this is a seven game series and they are two one down right?

Yeah you are right, I just don't see them wining the final 3 if they lose tonight

gawa316

Warriors awful again tonight. Need to win 3 in a row now. Can they do it yes, but with the performances in the last 2 there is very little evidence they will pull this off. Hope I'm wrong but something just doesnt seem right with them at the minute, probably epitomized by Green and Currys recent performances.

grantwool

Why do I feel that OKC will get it in Game 5? Warriors should stop being complacent that they'll gonna win every game. They need action!

gallsman

Quote from: grantwool on May 25, 2016, 08:56:24 AM
Why do I feel that OKC will get it in Game 5? Warriors should stop being complacent that they'll gonna win every game. They need action!

Warriors haven't shown anything yet that suggests they're capable of winning a game in OKC.

If they manage to do it, and subsequently win out, it will be a much greater achievement that the 73 wins as the Thunder are absolutely on fire at the minute.

Assuming Cleveland still manage to win the East, the Finals should be absolutely fantastic regardless of which of them makes it from the West.

stew

Personally speaking I would love to see the Cavaliers win the thing, the people of Cleveland are such fantastic fans but have not had a winner in eons.

The only city that cones close is Buffalo in that regard.

Curry and Co are done, their great season means nNothing if they don't kick on and win the title, it also hurts curry in the Jordan conversation.

The best possible combination in the finals is the caves v okc.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gabriel_Hurl

I personally hope the Raptors win  ;D

dec

I wonder has the Warriors efforts in the regular season getting to 73 finally caught up with them. Most teams pace themselves, managing the minutes played for their main guys, knowing that they will be expected to carry a heavier load in the playoffs.

gawa316

Quote from: dec on May 25, 2016, 04:10:43 PM
I wonder has the Warriors efforts in the regular season getting to 73 finally caught up with them. Most teams pace themselves, managing the minutes played for their main guys, knowing that they will be expected to carry a heavier load in the playoffs.

Could be but the Spurs as always manage their minutes and didn't do them much good. Think it's just a combo of the OKC hitting form and Warriors being out of sorts due to Curry injury/lack of form, Green's poor performances and the bench not doing a whole pile.

Muck Savage

San Jose Sharks make the Stanley cup for the first time in their 25 year history. Really been a great story as they missed so many times in the past and this team missed the Playoffs last season

gawa316

Wow what a game that was. Massive performance from the warriors and in particular Thompson. Back to Oakland on Monday night for the glory, whoever wins it

gallsman

Huge performance from Thompson when needed. Game 7 should be brilliant.

Asal Mor

Phenomenal stuff alright. As an OKC fan who has them backed at 16/1 for the title, I was disappointed, but you had to admire the greatness of Klay, and to a lesser degree Steph. There were so many of those shots that Thompson made in the 4th when they were behind, where you felt like, if he missed any of them, OKC had it, but he kept making them, and looked mentally unbreakable.

When know-it-all Bill Simmons said a couple of days ago, that OKC were definitely going to win, I was worried. Hope they can make a game of it in the last one, but I fear that the Warriors are back  in their groove, and will blow them away in game 7.

Muck Savage

Crazy day for Bay Area sports teams. The Sharks play in their first ever Stanley cup game this evening at 5pm and the Dubs play Game 7 against OKC.
The Sharks will be up against it vs Sidney and a skillful Pittsburgh team but with Burns, Pavelski, and and Thornton I'm hoping that balance and depth will win it. Either way the athomsphere will be great.
I'm hoping that the Warriors broke OKC on Saturday night. They way Klay kept them in the game until Curry got his mojo back was unreal. OKC have been very good this post season so this game can go either way.
Will be a fun night.

gallsman

Quote from: Muck Savage on May 30, 2016, 03:33:04 PM
Crazy day for Bay Area sports teams. The Sharks play in their first ever Stanley cup game this evening at 5pm and the Dubs play Game 7 against OKC.
The Sharks will be up against it vs Sidney and a skillful Pittsburgh team but with Burns, Pavelski, and and Thornton I'm hoping that balance and depth will win it. Either way the athomsphere will be great.
I'm hoping that the Warriors broke OKC on Saturday night. They way Klay kept them in the game until Curry got his mojo back was unreal. OKC have been very good this post season so this game can go either way.
Will be a fun night.

That's the difference - if Curry is slightly off and Klay is hot and raining down fire (as he has been all postseason), the Warriors will ride the hot hand. If KD and, particularly, Westbrook are slightly off, the Thunder will keep going to them and let them shoot bricks. What's more, the two lads will never think about changing things.