American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 10, 2016, 12:49:56 PM
Bobby Massie is the Cardinals tackle. Average enough to be honest seanie, but he has size!
Yeah, Massie's no big loss. Have the Cards lost anyone else or got any notable additions?

AZOffaly

oakleaflad

I'm a Dolphins fan, I think I could do a better job myself than Tannenbaum.

Just hope to god Alonso can stay healthy and Maxwell improves in a different scheme.

tyroneman

Quote from: tyroneman on March 09, 2016, 08:37:17 PM
2 great pick ups by the Raiders (Irvin and Osemele) so far..crossed fingers Sean Smith and Eric Weddle to follow with maybe a chnage of pace RB.......

Sean Smith now on board.....

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hound on March 10, 2016, 01:51:57 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 10, 2016, 12:49:56 PM
Bobby Massie is the Cardinals tackle. Average enough to be honest seanie, but he has size!
Yeah, Massie's no big loss. Have the Cards lost anyone else or got any notable additions?

Safety Tayvon Branch signed apparently. That's a good pickup.

gawa316

Quote from: tyroneman on March 10, 2016, 06:11:55 PM
2 great pick ups by the Raiders (Irvin and Osemele) so far..crossed fingers Sean Smith and Eric Weddle to follow with maybe a chnage of pace RB.......

It's all coming together for the Raiders, what can go wrong?

tyroneman

Quote from: gawa316 on March 10, 2016, 10:56:33 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on March 10, 2016, 06:11:55 PM

It's all coming together for the Raiders, what can go wrong?

I know I know..... every time the hopes get up........but surely this time we can manage a winning season.....surely.... :-\

Oraisteach

And the Browns waive Johnny Football . . .

AZOffaly

Cardinals have traded a second round pick and Jonathan cooper to the patriots for chandler Jones. That will help the pass rush. Jonathan Cooper hasn't worked out unfortunately, they were moving him to centre in a bid to get him going.

O line needs to be a priority in the draft it looks like.

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 15, 2016, 07:15:17 PM
Cardinals have traded a second round pick and Jonathan cooper to the patriots for chandler Jones. That will help the pass rush. Jonathan Cooper hasn't worked out unfortunately, they were moving him to centre in a bid to get him going.

O line needs to be a priority in the draft it looks like.

Great pickup. Although with Jon being based in Albuquerque, the pot sellers of the southwest will be rejoicing!

cadhlancian

Marcellus Bennett to the Pats. That's a pretty decent pair of TE's Brady will have at his disposal..

Oraisteach

And the Browns sign RGIII.  johnny's circus just left town, and now a 3-ring circus has arrived to replace it.  Well, at least the media focus will still be on Cleveland....

TabClear

Quote from: Oraisteach on March 24, 2016, 06:34:57 PM
And the Browns sign RGIII.  johnny's circus just left town, and now a 3-ring circus has arrived to replace it.  Well, at least the media focus will still be on Cleveland....

Kaepernick future looking uncertain as well in the niners. 3 to 4 years ago both these guys were talked about as being  right up there with Cam and Wilson. Some decline. 

That said,I would not be surprised to see him at denver come 1St April. If he is still at San Francisco then a guaranteed $12m salary kicks in

Syferus

In fairness RG3 is a lot more grounded than Manziel who looks a JaMarcus level bust now.

RG3 should be fully fit after sitting out the year and will know this is his best chance to make it as a starter again so he should be very focused. Browns have nothing to lose,  they're shite and if him and Gordon break out they could be as effective a pairing as the New Browns have seen.

Hopefully Goodell isn't a total ass and reinstates Gordon next week, a year out for liking wacky bacy in an age of PEDs is beyond ridculous.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Syferus on March 25, 2016, 04:46:46 PM

In fairness RG3 is a lot more grounded than Manziel who looks a JaMarcus level bust now.

RG3 should be fully fit after sitting out the year and will know this is his best chance to make it as a starter again so he should be very focused. Browns have nothing to lose,  they're shite and if him and Gordon break out they could be as effective a pairing as the New Browns have seen.

Hopefully Goodell isn't a total ass and reinstates Gordon next week, a year out for liking wacky bacy in an age of PEDs is beyond ridculous.

It is really bizarre the way they take such a heavy-handed approach to recreational drugs and almost condone PEDs. I wonder if it's to do with appealing to the conservative bible-bashers that make up a lot of their fanbase?

RG3 has as much left to offer as Peyton Manning does. I thought some desperate team might take him as a back-up but I'm surprised that the Browns have taken him as a starter, which seems to be the case. He didn't play last season and the season before was imo the worst quarterback in the league. Everything he did before the injury is irrelevant.