American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Amazed GB kept the Cards in check to go to OT. Heartbreak playoff losses starting to be their thing unfortunately.

AR over Brady all day long....

AZOffaly

Holy. f**k. Cardiac Cards is right. They were woeful. Beaten all ends up on both lines for 80% of the game, and a QB who nearly shat himself trying to get his first ever playoff win. They were poxed lucky, and I think there were a few calls where the packers were shafted. Carson is a lucky boy, but Larry Fitz is an absolute legend. He decided the Cardinals just were not going to lose that.

Huge improvement needed, and they'll be underdogs regardless now, but Palmer might be a bit looser the next day. The line play is a worry though, this is big boy stuff.

Minder

I wonder did a 2pt conversion go through McCarthys mind after the Hail Mary
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Might well have got it. The Cards had to be stunned.

screenexile

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 17, 2016, 10:39:02 AM
Might well have got it. The Cards had to be stunned.

It's all great in hindsight but I thought 2 points was the call. Momentum with GB and AZ bewildered ut was the time to really drive the advantage home.

What the GB defense were doing in OT I really don't know.

Someone was saying Rogers over Brady?? Brady isn't spectacular but he's great at what he does Id have him all day long over anyone!!

David McKeown

Have to agree. Once again supremely impressed with Rodgers last night who is simply brilliant. Brady wouldn't have made the plays Rodgers did on that last drive but the way he plays he likely wouldn't have had to as he would have found a more efficient way to get his team down the field.

If I was looking a franchise QB now I'd take Rodgers but if both were in their prime I'd take Brady
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

AZOffaly

For a franchise QB I might take Cam, Wilson or Luck ahead of either.

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 17, 2016, 01:30:59 PM

Be interesting to see how Luck rebounds next year

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on January 17, 2016, 01:53:36 PM

Yup, the Colts have a lot of work to do rebuilding the side. They were supposed to be all in this year and considering there were some sparks out of Jacksonville and Tennessee when Mariota was fit this year, the AFC South mightn't be just as much of a gimme.

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on January 17, 2016, 02:41:13 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 17, 2016, 01:53:36 PM

Yup, the Colts have a lot of work to do rebuilding the side. They were supposed to be all in this year and considering there were some sparks out of Jacksonville and Tennessee when Mariota was fit this year, the AFC South mightn't be just as much of a gimme.

Like a lot of teams they went all in on free agents that had very little left in the tank - Gore & Johnson.

Luck wasn't playing well even before he got injured, he was on pace for well over 20 interceptions.

tyroneman

Quote from: David McKeown on January 17, 2016, 11:10:22 AM
Have to agree. Once again supremely impressed with Rodgers last night who is simply brilliant. Brady wouldn't have made the plays Rodgers did on that last drive but the way he plays he likely wouldn't have had to as he would have found a more efficient way to get his team down the field.

If I was looking a franchise QB now I'd take Rodgers but if both were in their prime I'd take Brady

Brady is undoubtedly a great but has had the benefit of the best HC in the NFL building a team and playbook around him for years. AR has more pure talent balanced against Brady's almost scary intensity.

screenexile

Panthers well up for it tonight!!

AZOffaly

I dislike Pete Carroll, the Legion of Boom and the twelfth man nonsense, so I'm happy to see this. I wonder will Sherman pull his pants down tonight?

That said, as a Cardinals fan, this is very, very scary.

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 17, 2016, 07:22:31 PM
I dislike Pete Carroll, the Legion of Boom and the twelfth man nonsense, so I'm happy to see this. I wonder will Sherman pull his pants down tonight?

That said, as a Cardinals fan, this is very, very scary.

Yeah glad to see it too, can't stand the Seahawks

Minder