American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Brady giving an exhibition Smith has a huge job on his hands. Niall Davis' fumble was a game changer!!

heganboy

pats playing well, but KC still in it. Nice drive there for the TD
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

RealSpiritof98

Sick fumble for KC 7 points off it, huge drive there from Smith, why oh why did we bench him, great finish coming up

Minder

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on January 16, 2016, 11:59:02 PM
Sick fumble for KC 7 points off it, huge drive there from Smith, why oh why did we bench him, great finish coming up

There was no reason to, I said it at the time.

You can't argue with the numbers, Smith doesn't make many mistakes, now he isn't Joe Montana by there aren't many of those about. You can have all the athleticism in the world but at some stage you have to be able to stand in the pocket and deliver a strike.

Kaepernick has never been able to do it consistently. NFL defenses & D co-ordinators won't be long clamping down on a running QB
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on January 16, 2016, 11:30:23 PM
He didn't say he wasn't, NFL when understood is a fantastic game to follow. Epic finishes and so many up down role reversals.

The absolutism of the post would suggest that any differing opinion should be disregarded.

I watch a lot of NFL, and enjoy it. However, like all American sports, it's too much of a slave to TV. A long play clock, time outs, two minute warnings etc are all none too easy on the eye because of the lengthy breaks in play.

gallsman

Some shocking clock management by KC but Christ that final first down was jammy! Couple of inches the other way and it was a pick 6!

RealSpiritof98

Sick one when u have KC +5, I do agree that the game is totally TV centric but it how I was introduced to the game. What pisses me off is the fact is that with 1 full minute + 10 odd secs left the commentator was able to say game over one edelman caught the tipped ball. This is a travesty considering the opposition only needs one play. I think everyplay under 2 mins shud have if not a stop on the clock a 5-10 second stop.

Minder

What the hell is wrong with Andy Reid and clock management? How many years is it gonna take him to catch on ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on January 16, 2016, 11:05:41 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 16, 2016, 10:55:41 PM
NFL and college football are absolutely fantastic tv sports.

In your opinion ffs. He's entitled to his.

As opposed to me? 'Ffs' is right.

screenexile

Holy shit!! What a play just phenomenal!!

Carmen Stateside

David McKeown

2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Gabriel_Hurl

RealSpiritof98

heganboy

Great new NFL book out from GB. A beginners guide to missing tackles in OT...

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity