American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 13, 2016, 05:49:55 AM
Rams in LA 2016, Chargers back down the road to try and sort something out with the city. Definitely not a good result for the Chargers owners ( Spanos) . They have lost leverage with this decision...

American sports is an utter disgrace with this franchise shite. This is the second time in 20 years that St Louis has had a team taken away from them. And its a story that has been repeated again and again all over the country. You can still buy Brooklyn Dodgers hats in loads of sports shops in NYC, nearly 60 years after they left.

If the NFL is so desperate for their new stadium and media centre and all the rest that is being discussed, why didn't they just start another team?

If I was a Rams fan, I would boycott the NFL. Don't buy any gear, don't watch any games, f**k the bastards!

tyroneman

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 13, 2016, 10:01:58 AM
Rams in LA 2016, Chargers back down the road to try and sort something out with the city. Definitely not a good result for the Chargers owners ( Spanos) . They have lost leverage with this decision...

Speaking of the Raiders, where do they slot into this? Only one team moving to LA?

IMHO the Raiders were shafted. Lease is up in the O.co, they didn't get the relocation fee waived for somewhere else, they didn't get a big package to help with a new stadium and they have to wait until the Chargers decide if they want LA before it's an option for the Raiders.

City of Oakland have offered little incentive to keep them and help with new stadium.

Davis has land in San Antonio but given Jones led the move against them going to LA it's prob unlikely he would want them moving to Texas

Davis was less than committed to Oakland when nyerviewed after the vote so at a guess I would say....another year in the O.co with a potential merry go round starting in St Louis or San Diego.

Surprised London hasn't been mentioned by many yet...

magpie seanie

I agree that the Raiders have been utterly shafted here. The Rams are building exactly where Al Davis was stopped going to years ago.

Clov

Quote from: Minder on January 13, 2016, 11:33:59 PM
Quote from: Oraisteach on January 13, 2016, 11:17:48 PM
Browns hire Hue Jackson as Head Coach, so I bet it's Sayonara for Johnny Football.  Is Jerry Jones still interested in him, I wonder, after JM's recentVegas antics?  Even LeBron James's company has ditched him as a client.

I think it's a good hire for the Browns, not often they get their first choice either. Interesting to see if he takes a QB with #2 pick in the draft.

Lawrence Phillips dead I see, was looking at the death penalty in jail.

I think this is a great hire by the Browns. One of the better offensive coaches out there imo. It's who i wanted to see at the Niners.
It goes to show how little influence the Niners have these days that the Browns are a more attractive prospect for coaches. (apologies to Browns' fans)
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

AZOffaly

Clov

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 14, 2016, 11:29:54 AM
Chip Kelly for the Niners?

Although he flamed out badly in Philly, I don't think he would be a bad hiring for the Niners. His problems in Philly seemed to stem from his personnel and contract decisions, which he wouldn't have much say over with SF. And if any offence is to get something out of Kaepernick then it would probably be something like Kelly's (see how good in retrospect he made Foles looks).

Shanahan Snr is the other name that is being touted. Seems like a safe pair of hands for a rebuilding project - which is what the Niners are.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

Declan

Coughlin to the Eagles. Interesting

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Declan on January 14, 2016, 02:50:00 PM
Coughlin to the Eagles. Interesting

Not anymore

QuoteAdam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  2m
Tom Coughlin is withdrawing his name from consideration for Eagles HC job, per sources. Not the right fit.

RealSpiritof98

whats the feeling this weekend? Kansas are on some run but NE in foxborugh are formidable, i wish i knew edelman was back before i took kansas +4.5.

going NE by 1-2 AZ by 2-5 panthers by 6-10 and Denver by 3-7

omaghjoe

Quote from: J70 on January 14, 2016, 01:36:15 AM

American sports is an utter disgrace with this franchise shite. This is the second time in 20 years that St Louis has had a team taken away from them. And its a story that has been repeated again and again all over the country. You can still buy Brooklyn Dodgers hats in loads of sports shops in NYC, nearly 60 years after they left.

If the NFL is so desperate for their new stadium and media centre and all the rest that is being discussed, why didn't they just start another team?

If I was a Rams fan, I would boycott the NFL. Don't buy any gear, don't watch any games, f**k the b**tards!

To make things happen in America its always about how much money can be made, 99% of the time.

I have little time for American sports for the above reason and apart from basketball are completely crap anyway, but I couldn't avoid the media frenzy over this carryon this past while, well hopefully some good becomes on it and it brightens up Inglewood.

Syferus

NFL and college football are absolutely fantastic tv sports.

gallsman

Quote from: Syferus on January 16, 2016, 10:55:41 PM
NFL and college football are absolutely fantastic tv sports.

In your opinion ffs. He's entitled to his.

RealSpiritof98

He didn't say he wasn't, NFL when understood is a fantastic game to follow. Epic finishes and so many up down role reversals.