American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: stew on November 16, 2015, 12:27:25 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 16, 2015, 12:14:57 AM
Vikings win and Packers lose. What a good Sunday. Really,  really sets up next Sunday.

The packers are in free-fall but should right the ship as I cannot see Rodgers losing four in a row.

The vikings have, in the fairly recent past........... Been involved in a love boat that embarrassed the club, their roof caved in at the metrodome, they forgot to send in their first round draft pick and they killed a player because they refused to ltt the players drink in 80% weather because they claimed it was a sign of weakness, one last thing, one of their number was charged and convicted of drugging and raping multiple women in the past year and a half.

The vikings are one of the worst run organizations in the country!

Are you holding them accountable for the weather now?

cadhlancian

The packers are done, regardless if they win or lose next week. Win and they'll win the division, lose and they'll be lucky to make the playoffs. No running game and an average defense . Barely making the current top 10...

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: stew on November 16, 2015, 12:27:25 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 16, 2015, 12:14:57 AM
Vikings win and Packers lose. What a good Sunday. Really,  really sets up next Sunday.

The packers are in free-fall but should right the ship as I cannot see Rodgers losing four in a row.

The vikings have, in the fairly recent past........... Been involved in a love boat that embarrassed the club, their roof caved in at the metrodome, they forgot to send in their first round draft pick and they killed a player because they refused to ltt the players drink in 80% weather because they claimed it was a sign of weakness, one last thing, one of their number was charged and convicted of drugging and raping multiple women in the past year and a half.

The vikings are one of the worst run organizations in the country!

So it doesn't set up next Sunday then? Or what's your point?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Muck Savage

Great win by the Cards. Did well after losing the 19pt lead. Look like they have the Div wrapped up now with a 3 game lead.

AZOffaly

Super win. Losing a lead (which will have to be addressed) in the manner they did, with 2 strip sacks leading directly to two TDs, in the 4th quarter would normally kill you. They marched down the field in two drives and scored 10 points. That was brilliant.

Worried about Floyds injury though, he's been a real TD target the last few games. Did anyone see the Arizona backup QB going mental on the line as Ellington took the decisive TD to the house? Very funny. White men can't jump or dance.

https://vine.co/v/iBPzhVqKKJP

AZOffaly

I wonder will they stay top 4? Standford's loss was a bollix though, unless they still go ahead and win the PAC 12. Baylor losing was great for them though, now if Oklahoma State lose as well, the BIG 12 will possibly have eliminated itself again.

Clemson - no reason to drop them.
Alabama - Ditto
Ohio State - Ditto
Notre Dame - ?
Iowa - didn't do enough to jump over ND
Baylor? - Good luck.
Oklahoma State maybe into the top 4?

cadhlancian

If ND beat Standford they're in. End of story. This is about ESPN and money. Iowa have no chance , their schedule is ridiculous, and that's why they won't get in...

AZOffaly

Quote from: cadhlancian on November 16, 2015, 05:05:07 PM
If ND beat Standford they're in. End of story. This is about ESPN and money. Iowa have no chance , their schedule is ridiculous, and that's why they won't get in...
If Iowa win the Big 10 they'll be in.

magpie seanie

Quote from: cadhlancian on November 16, 2015, 05:16:50 AM
The packers are done, regardless if they win or lose next week. Win and they'll win the division, lose and they'll be lucky to make the playoffs. No running game and an average defense . Barely making the current top 10...

Why have they no running game? What has happened Lacy? He looks fat but surely if it was conditioning he'd have been whipped into shape by now. I think they don't leave any value on running the football and that has proved to be their Achilles heel time and time again in this era. Rodgers is no doubt a great QB but to arrogantly believe he can always carry the full team on his back as I think they do is foolish.

In a way they might be better to scrape into the playoffs if they can avoid playing in poor weather conditions. Playing their finesse passing game in Lambeau in January with no running game to keep the defence honest is difficult.

I think they're the worst team in the NFL for looking for flags, at it constantly last night especially towards the end. It's led by Rodgers and McCarthy but they were all looking for them last night, Adams, Cobb for sure.

RealSpiritof98

Have keep a good eye on the college ball this year, gearing up for a great finish. Still baffles the system they have in place but the top 4 I think will go to a top 8 because of the money generated. Harbaugh has turned Michigan from a joke to a top team. Hope ND wins out and gets a place

cadhlancian

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 16, 2015, 05:06:54 PM
no they won't....

AZOffaly

Quote from: cadhlancian on November 17, 2015, 03:36:00 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 16, 2015, 05:06:54 PM
no they won't....

You think not? That probably means they'll have beaten Ohio State, who will be #1,#2 or #3 team. Iowa are ranked 5 at the moment I think. If they win the Big 10 and go undefeated, beating Ohio State (or even Michigan State) in the final, I can't see them being left out.

Clemson are in unless they blow up. Alabama are in if they win the SEC. Notre Dame are in if they beat Stanford, probably, especially if Stanford go on to win the PAC 12, but that will mean the PAC-12 will be out.

If that's the case, it will come down to the Big 12, who the committee don't like, or the Big 10 Champ. If that's Iowa, how do you leave them out? Maybe if Oklahoma or Oklahoma State Win out? Baylor and TCU are done.

cadhlancian

Apologies. I meant they won't beat OS..no chance

cadhlancian

Current rankings

1) Patriots
2) panthers
3) cardinals
4) Bengals
5) Vikings
6) Falcons
7) Broncos
8) Packers