American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

I was thinking of you AZ watching the Cardinal last night. I think they're a serious outfit, I really do. Obviously Palmer's health is key but where would the Patriots chance be without Brady or the Packers chances without Rodgers? Palmer is not in their bracket but he is a bloody good QB. Chris Johnson looks to have a wee bit of juice left, one ankle breaker of a cut and the afterburners made Navorro Bowman look a bit silly. Then there's the great master himself - MacGearailt. Just WOW.

Gabriel_Hurl

The Jays are off to the playoffs for the first time since they won the World Series in 1993  ;D

It was the longest playoff drought of any team in the big 4 leagues. That dubious honour now belongs to the Buffalo Bills.

magpie seanie

Buffalo could well end that this season.

AZOffaly

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 28, 2015, 02:40:27 PM

Was thinking the same thing, but that rookie QB might end up getting hurt, he's wide open when he runs.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 28, 2015, 02:43:55 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 28, 2015, 02:40:27 PM

Was thinking the same thing, but that rookie QB might end up getting hurt, he's wide open when he runs.

He's throwing it lovely though I'd share your concern on his running. Very good defense though.

Clov

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 28, 2015, 11:45:55 AM
I was thinking of you AZ watching the Cardinal last night. I think they're a serious outfit, I really do. Obviously Palmer's health is key but where would the Patriots chance be without Brady or the Packers chances without Rodgers? Palmer is not in their bracket but he is a bloody good QB. Chris Johnson looks to have a wee bit of juice left, one ankle breaker of a cut and the afterburners made Navorro Bowman look a bit silly. Then there's the great master himself - MacGearailt. Just WOW.

Think that was Wilhoite, no? Though Bowman was left trailing on the play.

Are the Bears and 49ers early favourites for the 1st draft pick? They meet in later in the season in Soldier Field and looking at the niners schedule i don't see too many wins before then.  :-\
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

gawa316

Raiders finally turned a corner??

gallsman

Quote from: gawa316 on September 28, 2015, 05:05:15 PM
Raiders finally turned a corner??

Possibly. Carr is very, very good and consecutive 100 yards games for Cooper. Great to see Charles Woodson still going strong!

Gabriel_Hurl

Aaron Rodgers - a very average QB  ;)

magpie seanie

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 29, 2015, 10:27:32 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 29, 2015, 04:20:23 AM
Aaron Rodgers - a very average QB  ;)

That's harsh Gab.

I've never seen better.

They had a segment on him the other day, scientifically his release takes 3/100's of a second, this is 20% faster than the next fastest QB, this equates to him giving his WR a 2.5 foot cushion over the next quickest release.

Brady is brilliant, absolutely brilliant and he has won four to Rodgers one, but if Rodgers get to three and Brady stays on four I would have him as the best of all time, the man has thrown 580 passes with an interception at Lambeau, that is off the charts.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

RealSpiritof98

BBC 2 showing Dolphins v Jets  :)

stew

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 04, 2015, 02:22:35 PM
BBC 2 showing Dolphins v Jets  :)

Did they sell out?

The Pack are in London next year apparently, an away game for them, they have said they will never give up a home game to play out of the Country and they will be the biggest draw they have ever had.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

RealSpiritof98