American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on June 06, 2015, 10:43:10 PM
Sweet Jesus, is it last man out to turn the lights off at the 49ers? Dropping left right and centre. Looks like it might be a long season ahead.

They must offer a hell of a 401k!!

Muck Savage

Game 2 for the other Bay Area team. Different mood tonight with Irving gone. From a point of this will be difficult in Game 1 to when are they going to explode.....seems like now with that 3 from Barbosa.

Muck Savage

2 games in a row the Cav have the last shot to win and a follow up. James is carrying this team on his back

Muck Savage

Bad shot selection by curry but the Cavs deserved it. Onto game 3

gawa316

That was intense.

Curry having his worst game in a long time. Lebron massive again, even though he should've had it won in regular time.

Makes it very interesting. Agree muck Cavs fully deserved it and if had not been for Clay it would been a blow out

Jell 0 Biafra

J.r. Smith doing his level best to gift this one to GS.  Glad he's not a  knick anymore!

Oraisteach

You're absolutely right, Muck.  Twice, at the end of regulation, LBJ had the ball in his hands to win the first two games.  In the first, the Cavs folded in the face of a relentless GS attack and a much deeper GS bench.  In the second, well, I've no idea how they pulled it out.  I'll say this, with Irving out and the prospect of Dellavedova guarding Curry, I was singing 'Goodnight, Irene' , but  Delly played a hell of a game sticking to Curry like glue.  Way to go Cavs!

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on June 08, 2015, 02:23:39 PM
You're absolutely right, Muck.  Twice, at the end of regulation, LBJ had the ball in his hands to win the first two games.  In the first, the Cavs folded in the face of a relentless GS attack and a much deeper GS bench.  In the second, well, I've no idea how they pulled it out.  I'll say this, with Irving out and the prospect of Dellavedova guarding Curry, I was singing 'Goodnight, Irene' , but  Delly played a hell of a game sticking to Curry like glue.  Way to go Cavs!

I could barely watch this, I wanted the Cavs to win so badly I could taste it, I thought the calls went, for the most part, Golden States way and I have never seen a player of LBJ's stature get less obvious calls than he did.

The problem is GS will adjust and there is no way on earth that Curry will have another night like last night, he will be all business and I expect GS to push on and win the series 4-1 or 4-2, I hope I am wrong.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Syferus

Surely going to GS and forcing OT twice and wining one is a fantastic outcome for a battered Cleveland team? Despite the injuries GS have been unable to put any distance between the teams. It's GS that have it all to do now heading to Ohio.

stew

Quote from: Syferus on June 08, 2015, 03:54:09 PM
Surely going to GS and forcing OT twice and wining one is a fantastic outcome for a battered Cleveland team? Despite the injuries GS have been unable to put any distance between the teams. It's GS that have it all to do now heading to Ohio.

Nope, sadly they have not got out of second gear yet!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Iceman

Quote from: stew on June 08, 2015, 03:37:57 PM
Quote from: Oraisteach on June 08, 2015, 02:23:39 PM

I could barely watch this, I wanted the Cavs to win so badly I could taste it, I thought the calls went, for the most part, Golden States way and I have never seen a player of LBJ's stature get less obvious calls than he did.

The problem is GS will adjust and there is no way on earth that Curry will have another night like last night, he will be all business and I expect GS to push on and win the series 4-1 or 4-2, I hope I am wrong.
I think you're right there stew - theres no way GS can play like they did now on Tuesday night. The Cavs and LBJ missed two opportunities to win the game both nights. I can't see them taking more than one other game in the series. Battered and bruised and GS play a very dirty game. Within the rules but not the kind of game you enjoy at times.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gawa316

Houston did the same, then got blown away at home

Syferus

Quote from: stew on June 08, 2015, 04:00:07 PM

Nope, sadly they have not got out of second gear yet!

They would want to find third gear fast so.. the clock's definitely on GSW now. Losing three in a row and still winning the series seems very unlikely so Game 4 looks to be the pivot the title will turn on.

Muck Savage

GSW continuing to shoot 3's when they are not going in. Even on 2-1 or 3-2 fast breaks they shoot 3's rather than go for the high percentage. They have to get that fixed. Only shining light is that Curry got hot for the 1st time in this series in the 4th and D Lee came in to switch things up. That's the way they have to go in game 4. Hats off to LBJ and the Aussie, playing superb and deserved the win.

Jell 0 Biafra

Doubt the warriors take another game in the series. Cavs have them figured out.