American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

He ate more crow than a buzzard

Oraisteach

JR Smith-benchwarmer?  No, bench burner.  Cavs beat the Hawks, but make it more exciting than it should have been.  Kyrie Irving and Dellavedova virtually invisible.

Oraisteach

What a massacre in Houston.  Golden State has a 30 pt. lead on the Rockets.  Paddy Power has them at 1/3 to win the NBA title, and frankly I can't see anyone beating them.  Hope I'm wrong. 

gawa316

Quote from: Oraisteach on May 24, 2015, 04:28:31 AM
What a massacre in Houston.  Golden State has a 30 pt. lead on the Rockets.  Paddy Power has them at 1/3 to win the NBA title, and frankly I can't see anyone beating them.  Hope I'm wrong.

Hope you're right!

Just the 40 for Curry tonight

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on May 24, 2015, 04:28:31 AM

Would love to see the cavs do it but GS are in a different class what with the injury situation in Cleveland.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Oraisteach

Maybe, just maybe, if the Cavs were to sweep the Hawks, a big maybe, without using Kyrie Irving, then maybe he'd have enough time off to recuperate enough to contribute because without Kyrie I see little hope of a win against the Warriors.  But first things first, we still have to beat Atlanta who can't possibly play as badly as they did in the last game.

Muck Savage

Quote from: Oraisteach on May 24, 2015, 05:41:45 PM
Maybe, just maybe, if the Cavs were to sweep the Hawks, a big maybe, without using Kyrie Irving, then maybe he'd have enough time off to recuperate enough to contribute because without Kyrie I see little hope of a win against the Warriors.  But first things first, we still have to beat Atlanta who can't possibly play as badly as they did in the last game.
Ehhh.. The Dubs are on a sweep also which would mean the finals would start pretty quick once both teams are through therefore giving no-one a rest.

Curry's shooting is a class apart. Last night he was superb. Now for all the pain over the years warrior fans are on the brink of a 1st NBA finals for 40 years.

Oraisteach

If Warrior fans are in pain, we Cleveland fans are either in agony or completely anaesthetized--I present to you the Browns, the Indians and the Cavaliers.  The only solace are the Buckeyes.

brokencrossbar1

I would love to see either team win it, Curry is sensational at the minute,  the hustle against Howard last night for the rebound was unreal.  I have to say I have a soft spot for Andrew Bogut,  in a game of flash and bang he is my kinda man.  Solid as Ayres rock!!

Oraisteach

If I weren't from Cleveland, I'd be rooting for Golden State myself.  Curry is amazing.  I swear, if he played Gaelic football, somebody would be assigned to take him out. 

Tony Baloney

Saw the tail end of the Maryland derby match in the lacrosse last night. Have never seen it before on tv and it was pretty entertaining stuff.

Oraisteach

The popularity of LAX is exploding in high schools.  Exciting sport, but it's not hurling.

Oraisteach

Miserable start by the Cavs.  LeBron has missed his first ten shots.  I can shoot 0/10.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Oraisteach on May 25, 2015, 02:05:20 AM
Miserable start by the Cavs.  LeBron has missed his first ten shots.  I can shoot 0/10.

;D ;D

Very occasionally I can go as high as 1/10.

Oraisteach

I'm exhausted and I was just sitting in a chair.  Cavs eke out a win.  LeBron had the worst start of his pro career, but we won.  Let's get this series over and recuperate.