American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

What a thrilling playoff game.  Bulls beat the Cavs 99-96 with a 3-pointer at the buzzer. Darn!

gawa316

Quote from: Oraisteach on May 09, 2015, 03:43:13 AM
What a thrilling playoff game.  Bulls beat the Cavs 99-96 with a 3-pointer at the buzzer. Darn!

That was a great game, whilst the Clips just stuffed the Rockets. They're playing some great stuff at the minute without there main man who only played 20 odd minutes.

Warriors going to have to come back strong tomorrow night

gallsman

Bit of a heave with a fair bit of luck from Rose but they all count! Hard not to be happy for him given everything he's gone through in the last three years.

David McKeown

Quote from: stew on May 07, 2015, 04:01:33 PM
They should get stripped of every pick in next years draft and Brady should sit for at least four games if not eight.

Kraft and BB knew about this, I dont buy that shite one bit, the Pats are a scuzzy outfit, the best in any American city but they deal in the dark arts from the shadows and that should be beneath them, I am a fan and hope they get hammered because they deserve to and they need to know there is a heavy price for cheating.

Finally finished the report this morning. The evidence against New England is damning, the evidence against Brady is at best weak. It's also far from what I would deem an independent investigation. It was conducted by a law firm whose biggest client is the NFL. Obviously doesn't make it biased but does make it suspicious. I doubt the sanctions will be too severe I wouldn't think the League would wish to open themselves up to challenge on it particularly how they were criticised over the lack of independence in the Adrian Peterson affair.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Minder

Quote from: David McKeown on May 09, 2015, 12:48:57 PM
Quote from: stew on May 07, 2015, 04:01:33 PM
They should get stripped of every pick in next years draft and Brady should sit for at least four games if not eight.

Kraft and BB knew about this, I dont buy that shite one bit, the Pats are a scuzzy outfit, the best in any American city but they deal in the dark arts from the shadows and that should be beneath them, I am a fan and hope they get hammered because they deserve to and they need to know there is a heavy price for cheating.

Finally finished the report this morning. The evidence against New England is damning, the evidence against Brady is at best weak. It's also far from what I would deem an independent investigation. It was conducted by a law firm whose biggest client is the NFL. Obviously doesn't make it biased but does make it suspicious. I doubt the sanctions will be too severe I wouldn't think the League would wish to open themselves up to challenge on it particularly how they were criticised over the lack of independence in the Adrian Peterson affair.

Rumours that Brady is gonna get suspended for an unspecified number of games.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

David McKeown

I could see why the NFL should do that I'd just be surprised if they did.

Syferus

Quote from: David McKeown on May 09, 2015, 03:31:22 PM

Reports are 6-8 games. They're not backing down on this one.

David McKeown

Quote from: Syferus on May 09, 2015, 05:57:13 PM

Hmm I really don't think the contents of the report are sufficient for that. There are serious questions over certain aspects of the report.

stew

Nah, they cannot give him more games that the wife beaters get!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Syferus

Quote from: stew on May 09, 2015, 09:51:21 PM

Look at Bountygate/Spygate. The NFL have regularly came down hard on cheaters.

AZOffaly

And we say the Gaa make things up as they go! The NFL needs a DRA and Frank Murphy.

David McKeown

Quote from: Syferus on May 09, 2015, 10:01:20 PM

Rightly so. The problem I have is whilst there's damning evidence against for example the patriots some aspects of the report including its lack of perceived impartiality may make it difficult to get disciplinary action to stick against Tom Brady. I could be wrong of course the NFL have been known to dance to their own tune on plenty of occasions but with players being successful in court in recent times I'd be surprised if they rolled the dice on this one

Minder

Quote from: David McKeown on May 10, 2015, 12:10:02 AM
Quote from: Syferus on May 09, 2015, 10:01:20 PM

Rightly so. The problem I have is whilst there's damning evidence against for example the patriots some aspects of the report including its lack of perceived impartiality may make it difficult to get disciplinary action to stick against Tom Brady. I could be wrong of course the NFL have been known to dance to their own tune on plenty of occasions but with players being successful in court in recent times I'd be surprised if they rolled the dice on this one

Regardless of punishment, why did they do it, the advantage must have been minimal, why take the chance of getting caught ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

David McKeown

Yeah it was a strange one but I suppose at that level you think every 0.0001% advantage might be the difference between winning and loosing.

Oraisteach

Wow, Cavs beat Bulls at the buzzer.  Teams tied 2-2.  Brutally physical tussle.