American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

AZ, you're talking baseball?  It's -12 in Cleveland (i.e. -24 Celsius) and that's the actual temperature, not the wind chill factor.  Mind you, I have attended opening days on which it's snowed. 

Muck Savage

77 (25C) and balmy here in Cali today. Can you send some snow or rain this direction?

gallsman

The NBA went mental last night.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Oraisteach on February 19, 2015, 10:59:07 PM
AZ, you're talking baseball?  It's -12 in Cleveland (i.e. -24 Celsius) and that's the actual temperature, not the wind chill factor.  Mind you, I have attended opening days on which it's snowed.

Yeah Baseball. That's why they all go to Arizona or Florida for Spring Training! Spring Training was a great time. You could just rock on up to the Cubs in Mesa, or the Giants in Scottsdale, or an array of others and just stroll on in , get a few hot dogs or whatever and watch the games. Felt like summer was on the way.

oakleaflad

Did not see that McCoy Alonso trade coming.

magpie seanie

Quote from: oakleaflad on March 04, 2015, 06:38:16 PM
Did not see that McCoy Alonso trade coming.

No-one did. You can see what both sides are at with it though.

Syferus

I'd be mighty pissed if I were Shady McCoy though. A Penn lad, conducts himself well on and off the field and he gets shipped off from a contender to the frigid environs of Buffalo and a perennial also-ran.

muppet

Quote from: Syferus on March 04, 2015, 07:53:44 PM
I'd be mighty pissed if I were Shady McCoy though. A Penn lad, conducts himself well on and off the field and he gets shipped off from a contender to the frigid environs of Buffalo and a perennial also-ran.

How do you think John Evans feels?  ;D

Only joking.
MWWSI 2017

Minder

Suh to sign for the Dolphins
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

cadhlancian

Randall Cobb signing for 4 years in Grenn Bay, huge for the packers. At 24 should be really hitting his prime over the next few years.

cadhlancian

This Chargers stadium thing is becoming a joke over here. It should be simple really. Build the f**king thing beside petco in downtown . You would be basically the Super Bowl every 4 years, NCAA championships in football, final 4's, the list could go and on. For somebody going on a once in a lifetime trip to watch their team in a super bowl , San Diego or New York, first week in February ??
This is SD though, and from what I've been listening to over the last month, there's a good chance they will be in LA for the 2016/17 season :o

Oraisteach

Frank Gore to Eagles, or so ESPN reported.  Also, Maclin to KC.

Clov

Quote from: Oraisteach on March 09, 2015, 02:29:32 AM
Frank Gore to Eagles, or so ESPN reported.  Also, Maclin to KC.

As a life time 49ers fan this breaks my heart.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

AZOffaly

Darnell Dockett going to the niners hurts the Cards, but I trust them.

Clov

Reports that Patrick Willis & Justin Smith are both retiring.
Really shocked by the Willis news though he has hinted that he has been playing through injury for a while.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"