American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 11, 2015, 07:26:44 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel on January 11, 2015, 01:23:01 AM
Come crunch time Brady again comes up trumps, Strange they didn't waste time with 2 runs on the last set of plays. still think Manning better than him, well Seattle a team i love to hate up next, don't think they have much trouble the nit though, i leave that to green bay cream them
Brady is a crunch time pressure player!!
Running game or lack of will stop their chances IMO

Rodgers needs to up his game in second half v Dallas !

Injury clearly hindering him
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

I think th Cowboys are better equipped to beat Seahawks

Carmen Stateside

Its been another great game so far. Tough one to call yet.

RealSpiritof98

As much as i hate to say it Rodgers is a class act

Minder

heganboy

trying to figure out how but I can't see how that call got overturned, surely he was down? even on replay I can't make sense of it? Any rules guys there explain to me how?

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Carmen Stateside

Big call but the right one.  Was some effort all the same.

Minder

Quote from: heganboy on January 11, 2015, 09:07:48 PM
trying to figure out how but I can't see how that call got overturned, surely he was down? even on replay I can't make sense of it? Any rules guys there explain to me how?

If Bryant had caught it, secured it and dropped to the ground it would have been a catch but because he went for the extra effort the ball did touch the ground, it was the right call and has been called like that since Calvin Johnson against the Bears a few years ago.

heganboy

wow, no horse in that race but if I was a cowboys fan I'd be pissed. The view here (of a lot of cowboys haters)was that was an amazing catch and he was surely down.

looking forward to this Denver Indy game. Expect this to be a cracker...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

tyroneman

Unreal game by #12 operating on 1 leg. Best QB in the NFL.

Unfortunately Packers need him 100% fit to beat the Hawks in Seattle. That loss to buffalo really hitting now too.

Syferus

I know there was talk about Peyton not retiring this season but given how significantly his arm has faded this year (it was never 100% after the four neck surgeries in the first place) it must be on the table. It would be almost poetic if his last game was losing to Luck and the Colts.

David McKeown

Quote from: heganboy on January 11, 2015, 09:15:54 PM
wow, no horse in that race but if I was a cowboys fan I'd be pissed. The view here (of a lot of cowboys haters)was that was an amazing catch and he was surely down.

looking forward to this Denver Indy game. Expect this to be a cracker...

My issue with the Bryant catch is what is meant to the ground. If you are running with the ball you are down when an elbow or knee hits the ground. Bryant took two steps with the ball and then his elbow hit. Throughout Bryant has the ball. Why in the rule is he not down there? I can understand the call if his right elbow hadn't hit obviously before the ball starts to move.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

RealSpiritof98

Why would any league want that play cancelled out, unreal skill. He tucked it under with 1 hand and then reached. i know by definition its not a catch.

Also what pisses me off is the taking of the knee. FFS the game could be over with nearly 2 mins left. They should stop the clock for a knee or slide and make team win the game and let the losing team a chance to make a play. I know on the other side of the coin 30 secs with 3 Timeouts is a bunch of time but if the league is really pushing globally then i think they should look into these rules.

Looking forward to next game, whereas i was rooting the Cowboys last game i dont mind who wins this, also like Pats whos waiting so I sit back and enjoy. Going for Indy 30-31 Den.

Wildweasel74

G that one was sore on Dallas, great game though, i dont know why they mess around with the rules, yesteryear that would have been a great catch and counted

cadhlancian

If the Pats go on and win the Super Bowl this year, would that elevate Brady to the greatest QB of all time? He's already in that equation, I'd have to say yes.