American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

That Bama kicker is killing us.  We need a drive of some sort here.  Can't give the Tide the ball in good field position. Elliott needs to make an appearance this half.

Oraisteach

Elliott makes his appearance on cue!

Oraisteach

C'mon Bucks.  Hang on Sloopy!

Muck Savage

Ohio making a game of it against the great SEC team.

Muck Savage

Syferus

Quote from: Muck Savage on January 02, 2015, 05:33:20 AM

You've managed to jump the gun twice in one half.

Oraisteach

What a terrific game.  Go Bucks!

heganboy

That was great watching. Big win for Ohio. Think on balance they deserved it despite some poor play calling.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Syferus

Now it's over. Great, great game. Bama needed something out of those two pin-back punts but they got nothing, that was where they lost the game and the Buckeyes won it.

Makes for an interesting title game now. Dunno who I want to win it now. Maybe the Ducks because they've never won any national title, but it would be a hell of a story if the Buckeyes did it with their third string QB and only a couple of seasons removed from the sanctions.

AZOffaly

Great stuff from Ohio state. I rest my case. SEC is the best conference, but not by as much as we've been told.

Muck Savage

Quote from: Syferus on January 02, 2015, 05:37:56 AM
Quote from: Muck Savage on January 02, 2015, 05:33:20 AM

You've managed to jump the gun twice in one half.

A Backup QB and a RB with a Career high yardage beat the might of the SEC defense, enough from you about the SEC. Big 10 and PAC 12 now.

The playoffs are great, will soon be 8 teams. Didn't think Florida were good enough for it before hand and after today shows they were not good enough. TCU would have been a better team in the Playoffs.

2nd game was a great game to watch.

Oraisteach

As one commenter put it, the South hasn't been in such mourning since they surrendered in the Civil War at Appomattox Court House.  Rough times for the SEC West and a good showing by the Big Ten, at last. 

Minder

To the Rodgers haters - he got 44 votes out of 50 for the QB Position on the AP All Pro team  ;)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

Quote from: Minder on January 02, 2015, 11:29:17 PM
To the Rodgers haters - he got 44 votes out of 50 for the QB Position on the AP All Pro team  ;)

So approx 1 in 8 do not think he was the best QB in the NFL this season. I'm possibly in that camp, definitely not MVP though. If I am a "hater" cos of that so be it.

gallsman

Very surprised to see the Ravens topple the Steelers. The other game was awful. Panthers "got it done" in spite of rather than thanks to newton.