American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I think they'll only get a home game if they win the division, so they'll probably need to win both, unless San Fran can do them a favour on Sunday.

Ryan Lindley is not going to make enough plays to beat the Seahawks or win a playoff game I'm afraid, but the people who are wondering 'how' they are winning games should look at the points conceded this year. Remember Palmer went down for good only about 4 weeks ago, but he missed games prior to that as well with the neck/shoulder nerve.

Cardinals points conceded.

v Chargers 17 points
@Giants 14 points
v 49ers 14 points
@ Broncos 41 points
v Redskins 20 points
at Raiders 13 points
v Eagles 20 points
@ Cowboys 17 points
v Rams 14 points
v Lions 6 points
@ Seahawks 19 points
@ Falcons 29 points
v Chiefs 14 points
@ Rams 6 points.

The Falcons (!) and Broncos games are the outliers so far, but other than that they are basically giving the offense a 20 point target to win games. That's a good defense. Unfortunately, especially with Lindley, 20 points is a big ask at the moment for that offense.

Syferus

Bruce Arians is a machine. Maybe the best coach in the league right now. How it took Chuck Pagano getting cancer for him to finally get a HC job is beyond comprehension.

gallsman

RealSpiritof98

Not too many money signs tonight from Johnny.

How much luck does RG3 have?

gallsman

Huge result in Buffalo with Packers losing and Rodgers having a stinker. Seattle win today and there'll be an almighty tussle for the NFC West to be in with a shout of being top seed.

Minder

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on December 14, 2014, 07:57:59 PM

Could be Johnny Clipboard again
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on December 14, 2014, 09:20:41 PM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on December 14, 2014, 07:57:59 PM

Could be Johnny Clipboard again

I've only been watching NFL about 5/6 years. Has there every been a more ignominious debut compared to the hype?

Carmen Stateside

He created most of the hype himself with his off field antics. That result today might take his head out of the clouds.

Carmen Stateside

Hows that for a block from Manning!

Syferus

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 14, 2014, 10:13:13 PM
He created most of the hype himself with his off field antics. That result today might take his head out of the clouds.

The Bowns were hardly any better without him. Terrible run of form after a fast state. Anyone trying to put the boot into Manziel after one game might end up look if very silly indeed.

Carmen Stateside

Theres no doubt he's a got the talent, his college career proved that.  But i think his lifestyle doesn't help him or the Browns, the media hype puts a lot of pressure on both.

Oraisteach

Not a Manziel fan, but today's debacle was not entirely his fault.  Offensive line gave him v. Little protection.  Team looked altogether unprepared for a big game. Sin e for another season.

cadhlancian

1: Pats
2: Packers
3: Seattle
4: Denver
5: Detroit
6: Indianapolis
7: Dallas ( after they win tonight)
8: Steelers
9: Cincinatti
10: Baltimore
This ranking is on each teams prospective SB chances, not their current records . 8)

Carmen Stateside

Cant look past Pats alright at this stage. Would have Seattle in second myself especially after todays results.
Dallas aint winning tonight! :P

Carmen Stateside

maybe they will! Some start!