American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealSpiritof98

As said before, green on College ball. But surely the defending champs going unbeaten had to get in.

WTF New Orleans!

Looking forward to Eagles/Hawks, really intriguing battle

Muck Savage

Quote from: stringbean on December 07, 2014, 01:12:46 PM
Anyone else think that this college playoff is as controversial as the BCS, if not more so. No matter what way committee decide there will be 2 teams left feeling very miffed!

I've said this all along, no matter how many teams are in the playoffs ther teams that just miss out will always be pissed. 4 teams or 8 teams makes no difference. However if 8 teams were used I don't think it would leave little questions about the National champions once complete.

Glad Ohio got in but if TCU were at number 3 last week what did they do to fall 2 places? Bumping them to 3 last week was too high of a bump.

Minder

Looks like it's Johnny Football time in Cleveland next week, Hoyer horrible again
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Anyone else watching the MLS Cup Final?
No? Just me then...

Robbie Keane scored the winning point in overtime.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

RealSpiritof98

Yeah double boxing it with Redzone, fair play to him. MVP. MLS seems to be growing well in the U.S, i think it will keep growing. Ronaldo will end up there and further the work Beckham done so well.

Minder

Kaepernick is fairly regressing for the Niners
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Minder on December 07, 2014, 11:27:10 PM

Shocking!!! to think York and co gonna go with him and not Harbaugh

Syferus

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on December 07, 2014, 11:31:50 PM
Quote from: Minder on December 07, 2014, 11:27:10 PM

Shocking!!! to think York and co gonna go with him and not Harbaugh

Ah sure. Don't say I didn't tell ya. He's an immature yoke who wilts under pressure.

AZOffaly

Great win for the Cards last night, despite yet another injury. Cromartie with an Achilles. The offence looked a bit better, even though they sputtered in the red Zone, but Stanton did protect the ball, and had 239 yards and a TD to Jauron Brown. Larry was still not fully fit. They brought in a new back from the practice squad, Kerwynn Williams, and he rushed for 100 yards. The defense was flat in the first half, but they shut the Chiefs down in the second. If the defense can continue to play well, and Williams can at least be a serviceable back, then the season is back on for the Cards.

Norf Tyrone

Folks- Is there anywhere online you can watch weekly highlights of all the games? A NFL version of MOTD. Or even highlights of a particular team, in this case the Vikings.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

AZOffaly

NFL.COM usually has highlights of all the games. They tend to have a video per game, rather than a roundup type show.

cadhlancian

Good win AZ against what is now widely accepted , a very average , limited Chiefs team. Bizarre situation , where the Cardinals are currently the 1 seed in the NFC :o. They will probably still get in as a wild card, but will be gone the first weekend. Best case scenario is a road playoff game against the Falcons. Still a good year. I was at the Pats game last night. If there was a similar system used to rank the NFL like college, the Pats would have to be número uno??

AZOffaly

Quote from: cadhlancian on December 08, 2014, 03:54:39 PM
Good win AZ against what is now widely accepted , a very average , limited Chiefs team. Bizarre situation , where the Cardinals are currently the 1 seed in the NFC :o. They will probably still get in as a wild card, but will be gone the first weekend. Best case scenario is a road playoff game against the Falcons. Still a good year. I was at the Pats game last night. If there was a similar system used to rank the NFL like college, the Pats would have to be número uno??

If the Cardinals had their full team, they'd be well worth number one. And that limited Chiefs team waxed the Patriots, and beat the Seahawks. I don't think there's such a thing as a bad win in the NFL. And I think you're wrong about 'best case' scenario. Best case scenario is they beat the Rams, Seahawks at home, and the 49ers and lock up the #1 seed for the playoffs. Don't dismiss them. They continue to find a way to win, although I would say they are probably the 5th best team in the NFL at this stage at best. If I'm realistic, I think this game against the Rams is going to be very tough. The NFC West is an animal division, and the Rams are going very well at the moment. If the Cards could beat the Rams, I would not be surprised if they took the Seahawks in Arizona. They are 7-0 at home this year.

Bruce Arians should be coach of the year. The amount of lads missing is unbelievable, and really the only bad performance they've had is the one in Atlanta.

And as for the Patriots, as much as I dislike them, and dislike Bellichik, they are unbelievably consistent. It helps they are in a terrible division for this past 10 years or more, but they are unbelievably hard to put away. If the Pats win out, and they surely will now with the  Dolphins and Bills at home, Jets away, then I can't see them beaten in the AFC. I still think a Seahawks or Packers team would beat them in the Superbowl, but sure maybe the Cardinals will win out there :)

AZOffaly

Quote from: Muck Savage on December 07, 2014, 09:06:36 PM
Quote from: stringbean on December 07, 2014, 01:12:46 PM
Anyone else think that this college playoff is as controversial as the BCS, if not more so. No matter what way committee decide there will be 2 teams left feeling very miffed!

I've said this all along, no matter how many teams are in the playoffs ther teams that just miss out will always be pissed. 4 teams or 8 teams makes no difference. However if 8 teams were used I don't think it would leave little questions about the National champions once complete.

Glad Ohio got in but if TCU were at number 3 last week what did they do to fall 2 places? Bumping them to 3 last week was too high of a bump.

I don't think TCU did much wrong, but it's like I said there. The committee said from the very start that they were going to value Conference championships. So in fairness the Big 12 screwed Baylor (rather than TCU) by ignoring their own guidelines and calling them co-champions. That, more than anything else, opened the door for Ohio State as long as Ohio State took care of the Badgers. For what it's worth, I think Baylor are probably better than either TCU or Ohio State, but I'm not at all surprised that Ohio State got in, as I predicted earlier.

cadhlancian

AZ, with due respect , the Chiefs are crap, they beat the Pats 2 months ago, and Seattle were no where close to were they are now. I like Arizona and hope they do well, but they WILL be a wildcard, and be gone in either Atlanta/Philly or Dallas the first Saturday of the playoffs. Sorry
1) Pats
2) Packers
3) Seattle
4) Denver
5) Indianapolis
6) Detoit
7) Dallas
8) Cincinatti
9) Baltimore
10) Pittsburgh
11) Arizona
12 Philadelphia