American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

You pay up front. (Or at least I did). You can play in installments though. The Season ticket package includes 2 Pre-Season games, and you don't have the option to avoid them. Basically your season ticket gives you 2 pre-season games and 8 regular season games. You also get preference to purchase post season tickets if the team is hosting a game.

Various teams also do these game packs where you can buy mini season tickets for 2 or 3 games. 1 will be a popular game (say the Cowboys at home) and the others might be the Rams and the Jaguars or whatever.

AZOffaly

By the way, for those who don't know, this year the Pro Bowl has a different format. It used to be the pick of the AFC versus the pick of the NFC. This year they appointed two honorary captains, Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders, and they picked their team in a draft, like fantasy football.

The results of the draft are

Team Rice

QBs - Brees (Saints), Rivers (Chargers), Smith (Chiefs)
RBs - McCoy (Eagles), Forte (Bears), Murray (Cowboys)
FB - Tolbert (Panthers)
WRs - Marshall (Bears), Gordon (Browns), Fitzgerald (Cardinals), Jeffrey (Bears)
TEs - Graham (Saints), Gonzalez (Falcons)
OT - Thomas (Browns), Smith (Cowboys), Gross (Panthers)
C - Kalil (Panthers), Mangold (Jets)
OG - Evans (Saints), Grubbs (Saints), Mathis (Eagles)

DE - Quinn (Rams), Jordan (Saints), Wake (Dolphins)
DT - Williams (Bills), Dareus (Bills), Hatcher (Cowboys)
OLB - Mathis (Colts), Houston (Chiefs), Abraham (Cardinals)
ILB - Burfict (Bengals), Johnson (Chiefs)
CB - Verner (Titans), Haden (Browns), Flowers (Chiefs), Cromartie (Jets)
S - Byrd (Bills), Reid (49ers), Rolle (Giants)

K - Gostkowski (Patriots)
P - Hekker (Rams)
PR - McCluster (Chiefs)
ST - Bethel (Cardinals)
LS Overton (Colts)

Team Sanders

QBs - Newton (Panthers), Luck (Colts), Foles (Eagles)
RBs - Charles (Chiefs), Lacy (Packers), Morris (Redskins)
FB - Reece (Raiders)
WRs - Green (Bengals), Bryant (Cowboys), Brown (Steelers), Jackson (Eagles)
TEs - Cameron (Browns), Witten (Cowboys)
OTs - Albert (Chiefs), Williams (Redskins), Brown (Texans)
C - Pouncey (Dolphins), Mack (Browns)
OGs - Mankins (Patriots), Yanda (Ravens), Long (Bears)

DEs - Watt (Texans), Williams (Bills), Hardy (Panthers)
DTs - Poe (Chiefs), Suh (Lions), McCoy (Buccaneers)
OLBs - Hali (Chiefs), Suggs (Ravens), Orakpo (Redskins)
ILBs - Kuechly (Panthers), Posluszny (Jaguars)
CBs - Peterson (Cardinals), Revis (Buccaneers), Grimes (Dolphins), Jennings (Bears)
S - Berry (Chiefs), Weddle (Chargers), Ward (Browns)

K - Tucker (Ravens)
P - Fields (Dolphins)
PR - Patterson (Vikings)
ST - Slater (Patriots)
LS - Janson (Panthers)

smort

I fell in love with the game after we got Sky into the house about 10 years ago. After watching for a few weeks I developed a soft spot for the Saints. Deuce mcallister rumbling up the middle and joe horn out wide, I don't know why I liked them but I did. Had a poor couple of seasons around that time, think only 2 or 3 wins in 05 or something but things turned around after that when we got Brees. I would love to get to a game some time. I wouldn't be much into the college scene but it would be something I would like to see more of

I would actually love to get the chance to work and live in America tbh.

TabClear

Just saw the latest weather reports for the Superbowl, potentially -10 degrees at Metlife and a foot of snow!! ???

Hope it does nt  affect the game too badly but you have to imagine it will restrict Peyton's passing game to some extent.

magpie seanie

Quote from: TabClear on January 28, 2014, 10:24:50 PM
Just saw the latest weather reports for the Superbowl, potentially -10 degrees at Metlife and a foot of snow!! ???

Hope it does nt  affect the game too badly but you have to imagine it will restrict Peyton's passing game to some extent.

I think the wind or rain is much more of a problem for passing the ball than the cold. It should be a very tight contest of contrasting styles. I can't wait.

cadhlancian

6.30pm est
11.30 pm for the muck savages back home...

magpie seanie

Quote from: laoislad on January 28, 2014, 11:05:47 PM
I love jumping on the Super Bowl bandwagon. It's the only game of NFL I watch all year.
Will it be on at a more reasonable time as the time difference isn't as great?

It's at the same time as usual, 11.25pm Irish time. I'm afraid they don't consider us when setting the time. That's 3.25pm in Seattle - it wouldn't want to be any earlier to be fair.

TabClear

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 28, 2014, 10:56:34 PM
Quote from: TabClear on January 28, 2014, 10:24:50 PM

I think the wind or rain is much more of a problem for passing the ball than the cold. It should be a very tight contest of contrasting styles. I can't wait.

obviously a wet ball is a different issue but those type of temperatures make the ball harder so it's more likely to fly on the qb, so expect more overthrows than normal. Also harder to catch a cold, hard ball.

The Worker

Any tips for tonight's game ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Worker on February 02, 2014, 06:07:03 PM
Any tips for tonight's game ?

Aye I know, have a few  pound left in the account
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Oraisteach

Just in case it's a drab affair, I'm all geared up to play Super Bowl Bingo.  Cards can be found on cleveland.com in the "Sports" pull-down menu.

CorkMan

Any streams for tonight's game?

ballela-angel

You should be able to pick it up on the network stream - I didn't check but try the Fox Sports home page
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

Hereiam

Sat down to watch the super bowl on channel 4 and they have that p***k colin murray hosting it. Just ruined my sunday night.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hereiam on February 02, 2014, 10:46:14 PM
Sat down to watch the super bowl on channel 4 and they have that p***k colin murray hosting it. Just ruined my sunday night.

He's done it for past few years
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea