American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muck Savage

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 16, 2014, 02:57:29 AM
Quote from: Muck Savage on January 15, 2014, 09:15:50 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on January 15, 2014, 08:29:57 PM
No, because he " mocked" Syferus's idol Cams TD celebration. Where did Cam go to college Sy?
rhetorical question. He went to Auburn, which is Sy's fav college team/ alma mater.

Florida

Hope the Niners beat the Seagulls but the Seattle secondary are best in the business and while Kap is good he's be Brees when it comes to the air. The distaste right now between Seattle and Niners is something I haven't seen for a long time, advertising boards and TV adds in each city. Hope Niners can make it two in a row and open the new Stadium as Super Bowl champs.

NE to win the other game. Denver are missing something and their Def just won't hold the Pats O

I was saying it tongue in cheek man, I know where the lad spent 1 year in college but he did spend 2 at Florida.

cadhlancian

Syferus

Gettign very antsy, caddy. If you want to defend Kaep's childish play-acting, be my guest. It'd be fun to watch.

Muck Savage

Quote from: Syferus on January 17, 2014, 12:23:03 AM
Gettign very antsy, caddy. If you want to defend Kaep's childish play-acting, be my guest. It'd be fun to watch.

Come on man, its part of the game. There is all sorts of taunting going on during the game on pitch far worse than this. He did it midway through the 3rd Quarter not at the end of the game, so there is no disrespect there, and he didn't mock it. Carolina fans are use to seeing the Superman thing so all he did was do the Superman thing, then say no, button the shirt up and he did the Cam kiss the bicep thing. All he's saying is not today, today you fans will see something else and not the Superman thing.
Newton reacted childish by walking out of the press conference when asked about it, he had over 1 ½ quarters to give an answer and wasn't able to on the field. If it upset Carolina that much then react to it on the field by driving on and showing the Niners up for their QB's antics, not walking out of a press conference after getting it handed to you in your own house.
As I said, if he did this after the game then it's bad form, he did it during the game and Carolina had two ways to react to the during Game taunt – fight back or lie down!

Go Niners!

gallsman

Anyone in any way upset with Kaepernick doing the Superman celebration needs their head examined. Jesus wept.

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on January 17, 2014, 08:13:37 AM
Anyone in any way upset with Kaepernick doing the Superman celebration needs their head examined. Jesus wept.

Yeah like - does Newton "own it" or something? Is this the WWE?  ::)

Gabriel_Hurl

Kaep will take great heart in knowing Cam will be watching Kaep's "childish play-acting" from his couch on Sunday

Minder

Impressive by Manning and the Broncos
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Syferus

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 17, 2014, 03:56:09 PM

Kaep will take great heart in knowing Cam will be watching Kaep's "childish play-acting" from his couch on Sunday

I think he'll be taking much more heart from Kaep's on-going meltdown.

Superman wants his cape back, Colin.

Syferus

Sweet.

Last three drives by the 9ers ended with Kaepernick turnovers. Seattle's going to New Jersey.

Puckoon

cadhlancian

Richard Sherman = tr**p of the highest order.  >:(

Syferus

Quote from: Puckoon on January 20, 2014, 03:16:22 AM
http://youtu.be/yjOkTib5eVQ

Yeah. Good man Syferus.

Oh, I saw it. Sherman's attitude is rank but at least he backed it up. Kaep is never going to win a ring until he grows up. Couldn't read Seattle at all tonight and even on his lone TD pass there were signs of the impending meltdown. Very average football IQ. Sherman's is off the charts.

Go Broncos. I guess.

gallsman

Quote from: Syferus on January 20, 2014, 03:37:39 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on January 20, 2014, 03:16:22 AM
http://youtu.be/yjOkTib5eVQ

Yeah. Good man Syferus.

Oh, I saw it. Sherman's attitude is rank but at least he backed it up. Kaep is never going to win a ring until he grows up. Couldn't read Seattle at all tonight and even on his lone TD pass there were signs of the impending meltdown. Very average football IQ. Sherman's is off the charts.

Go Broncos. I guess.

Jesus the bitterness runs deep, doesn't it?

magpie seanie

What's the problem guys? There's a serious amount of trash talking going both ways. Sherman is noted for it but he is not the only one and he usually backs it up. A few moments after the biggest win of his career and he mouths off a bit - so what? Emotions running high. That guy has a chip on his shoulder. He has had to to come from Compton to where he is now.

I guess ye would all prefer him to say how much he admires the 49ers organisation and respects them blah-dee-blah???!!!!!

Two great encounters though Denver should have been more comfortable at the end. Denver's defense stepped up like I expected and 500 yards of offense should have ended up with more points. Hopefully people will can all this "Peyton choking" nonsense - Brady missed a lot of throws last night. In truth I thought Seattle wouldn't do it without Harvin to loosen up the running lanes a little but they that 40 yard TD of Lynch's changed everything. Some defense too obviously. Initial thoughts are that Manning and co will just have too much provided the weather isn't too windy and wet. Really looking forward to it though.