American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

our_fella

Chargers win for me here!
While your record is who you are - The Bolts could very easily have been 13-3 this year.
They have beat the Broncos, Chiefs, Colts and Eagles - all playoff teams.
The seven losses this year have been by a combined total of 35 points - that is a margin of 5 points per loss. They are in every game until the end.
The team is healthy and on a 5-1 streak.
They are better than their record and are a very motivated and collectively a talented team.

Serious price @ 23/10!!

Syferus

Quote from: our_fella on January 04, 2014, 06:24:43 PM
While your record is who you are - The Bolts could very easily have been 13-3 this year.
The seven losses this year have been by a combined total of 35 points - that is a margin of 5 points per loss. They are in every game until the end.
They are better than their record and are a very motivated and collectively a talented team.

Serious price @ 23/10!!

It was alarming how hard they found it to beat a Chiefs team resting 20 out of 22 starters at home with a play-off berth on the line. Don't know how confident I'd be of them beating a well-rounded Bengals teams in Cincy.

our_fella

Quote from: Syferus on January 04, 2014, 08:20:48 PM
Quote from: our_fella on January 04, 2014, 06:24:43 PM

Serious price @ 23/10!!

It was alarming how hard they found it to beat a Chiefs team resting 20 out of 22 starters at home with a play-off berth on the line. Don't know how confident I'd be of them beating a well-rounded Bengals teams in Cincy.

I give you that Syferus... wouldnt be surprised if there were 3-4 surprises tonight.. Didnt touch the Ind v KC match, too hard to call i think.

AZOffaly

The weather will surely play a part. If philly is cold and snowy, I can see them beating New Orleans. Green Bay will be frigid as well. I'll go Chiefs, Eagles, Packers and bengals.

thejuice

I'd agree with all those picks there AZ except I think the Saints should win. Its expected to be below freezing in Philly but not snowing. So I think the Saints will manage in those conditions. Sean Peyton vs a rookie coach. Saints for me.

Surprised to see the Chiefs out in front by so much at half time though.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Capt Pat

The chiefs look to have this game wrapped up at half time. They have a 31-10 lead.

Minder

Quote from: thejuice on January 04, 2014, 11:17:04 PM
I'd agree with all those picks there AZ except I think the Saints should win. Its expected to be below freezing in Philly but not snowing. So I think the Saints will manage in those conditions. Sean Peyton vs a rookie coach. Saints for me.

Surprised to see the Chiefs out in front by so much at half time though.

Saints 8-0 at home this year, 3-5 on the road and have never won a road playoff game. They are built for a dome. It would be an alarming trend if I was a Saints fan.

I think the Chiefs will beat the Colts......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thejuice

Could have sworn the Saints won outdoors when they won the SB?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Minder

Quote from: thejuice on January 04, 2014, 11:27:22 PM
Could have sworn the Saints won outdoors when they won the SB?

Nah they were #1 seed and had homefield advantage throughout playoffs.

thejuice

well, Im gonna stick with them.

Mike Mayock is the Jimmy McGee of the NFL. He must remember every draft pick for the last 10 years or so.

Minder

Quote from: thejuice on January 04, 2014, 11:34:22 PM
well, Im gonna stick with them.

Mike Mayock is the Jimmy McGee of the NFL. He must remember every draft pick for the last 10 years or so.

I wouldn't be surprised if they won, with the weapons they have, and a quarterback as good as Brees.

thejuice

AZOffaly

Game on here. I think the Chiefs were half way home.

stew

In slightly related news, Packer fans were loving the fact those happless bears signed that monkey cutler to a seven year deal, that adds up to a lot of packer wins against da bears in the coming decade.............................. and they wonder why they havent had a sniff since the eighties!  ;)

The Bungles are the most talented team but Denver will win it if Manning can improve on his prior playoff form, he is an incredible season long player and a decent playoff qb.

I think the pack get torched tomorrow with temps in the negative thirty wind chill range.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

There's a completely different intensity to these games compared to regular season.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.