American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muck Savage

Last game at The 'Stick tonight as it's unlikely the niners will get a home game for the playoffs. Passed the new Stadium this morning and it's pretty impressive. 2016 Super Bowl lined up there. Funny that the Stadium is 50 miles from the City and basically in San Jose - Money talks I guess.

Capt Pat

Romos backup is Kyle Orton. It will be interesting to see if he can help the cowboys.

Minder

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 23, 2013, 11:21:46 PM
Romos backup is Kyle Orton. It will be interesting to see if he can help the cowboys.

As backups in the NFL go he would be one of the better ones, hard to know what he will be like though not seeing any action.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Syferus

Gus Malzahn won the Coach of the Year award, obviously a slam dunk given Auburn's turn-around this year. Getting excited for the big one now.

The Magic on the Plains - the Prayer at Jordan-Hare, the Iron Bowl, the Kick Six itself, Mason running for over 300 yards on one of the nation's best defences in the SEC title game. The moment I think it all started to click was the game in College Station against Johnny Football, to edge out a big game like away from homet told me this team had something a little special. It's been an incredible year for Auburn and an incredible swansong for the BCS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddlpwc4pNjM

ONeill

In the Chargers' hands now, almost. Didn't think the Ravens and Dolphins would both collapse. Miami still a bit of time.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Chiefs-Chargers 14-14 at end of 1st quarter. Ding dong.

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on December 29, 2013, 10:08:00 PM
Chiefs-Chargers 14-14 at end of 1st quarter. Ding dong.

It'd be the Pitts if the Chargers lost to the Chiefs' scout team.

ONeill

Yep - Charger Chokers will be hard to live down.

ONeill

And choking Chargers they look like. 14-21.

ONeill

ONeill

Remarkable. Kansas miss a FG from 41 with 15 secs left. Tied at 24-24.

Gabriel_Hurl

ONeill