American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Oraisteach on November 30, 2013, 06:54:44 PM
Good one, Ballyhaise. LOL.  They have elected to leave the game at the request of the referee.

Nice one!! :D, i forgot this game was on.
I'm surprised Michigan are still in this as half time, I've been reading the Wolverine boards on rivals and the Hoke honeymoon period is definitely over!!!!
This should be an enjoyable second half.

Oraisteach

Throw out the records in this rivalry.  This is "The Game." Hoke pulling out all the stops.  Hope the Bucks can maintain their composure.  Five times that that team up north has ended a Buckeye unbeaten season.

BallyhaiseMan

Carlos Hyde, wow, a 230 pound running back just should not be able to move laterally like that.

Highlander3

I think Ohio state is going to take this but is still am not impressed by them, and there schedule has been very weak

Oraisteach

Yeah, OSU hasn't had a fierce schedule, the Big 10 not being as tough as usual, but it's hard to sneeze at 23 straight wins, all the same.  Florida State has long since leapfrogged over OSU which started the season ranked #2, but FSU's schedule has been no great shakes either.

Highlander3

Quote from: Oraisteach on November 30, 2013, 07:49:55 PM
Yeah, OSU hasn't had a fierce schedule, the Big 10 not being as tough as usual, but it's hard to sneeze at 23 straight wins, all the same.  Florida State has long since leapfrogged over OSU which started the season ranked #2, but FSU's schedule has been no great shakes either.

True but the Clemson win was good! and the big 10 is just so weak this year

Syferus

If Auburn win out it looks likely they'll play the BCS game ahead of OSU, rightly too. I'm not sure Mizzou would if they did, though.

Highlander3

Quote from: Syferus on November 30, 2013, 08:01:23 PM

If Auburn win out it looks likely they'll play the BCS game ahead of OSU, rightly too. I'm not sure Mizzou would if they did, though.

Yea I agree with you, but don't think the buckeyes have done enough to deserve a chance this year

Florida st v the iron bowl winners would be a good final

AZOffaly

If winston gets charged with sexual assault in the next few weeks the championship game will be one damp squib.

Oraisteach

Might all be moot for OSU.  Game tied at 35-35 with five minutes left.

Hope Auburn beats Alabama, but Auburn's strength is the run while the Tide is strong against the run.  Think Alabama wins, but I hope not.

Oraisteach

Great point AZ.  The Noles have already lost their back-up QB.

Syferus

Quote from: Oraisteach on November 30, 2013, 08:19:55 PM
Might all be moot for OSU.  Game tied at 35-35 with five minutes left.

Hope Auburn beats Alabama, but Auburn's strength is the run while the Tide is strong against the run.  Think Alabama wins, but I hope not.

OSU floundering again Michigan all right.

The Tide have had trouble containing dynamic QBs and that's exactly what Nick Marshall is. If his passing was a little better I'd be very confident of an upset today.

Oraisteach

Hey, Syf, what's your link to Auburn?

AZOffaly

They went for 2!! I suppose he thought he had momentum and the risk reward factor was in his favour, but I think I'd have kicked the PAT. OSU lucky there.