American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Nick Foles equalled the all-time record for TD passes in a game today.

Perhaps even more unbelievably, the Steelers have shipped 55 points to the Patriots.

Linkbox

Another action packed Sunday. Big score for the Pats. The Incognito story with the Dolphins is a bit nuts.

magpie seanie

Well the band (Brady and Gronk) looked like it was back together yesterday. Gronkowski looked significantly better than the last 2 games and Brady looed like Brady for the first time this season really.

I would have survived Brady's renaissance if it were not for Andre Johnson going nuts. No TD's in 7 straight and he gets 3 to go with 9-229 so No. 10 knocks off No. 1 in Montana. Bloody fantasy football.

magpie seanie

GO BEARS!!!! That was a sweet one and waaaay overdue against Americas darlings. Defense is a big worry but hopefully Briggs will be back soon and maybe Ratclif will help the porous D-line when he is fit. Gotta hand it to Trestman and his coaches and credit to McCown also for his performance. NFC North is now blown wide open - 3 teams on 5-3 and any of them can win it. Another huge one next week at home to Detroit and Cutler may be back for what could well be a high scoring battle.

J70

This Incognito buck with the Dolphins appear to be some lowlife. If the reports are true, he'll not play NFL again, and deservedly so. Always nice to see a bully taken down!

magpie seanie

Quote from: J70 on November 05, 2013, 01:47:49 PM
This Incognito buck with the Dolphins appear to be some lowlife. If the reports are true, he'll not play NFL again, and deservedly so. Always nice to see a bully taken down!

Agreed. Some teammate! I hope Martin can get back playing and get over this.

Syferus

Exciting times in Auburn, they cruised past Arkansas and the Vols (both away) and now only Georgia stands between them and what would be a monumental Iron Bowl at home to Bama.

Georgia is a huge rivalry game in itself for Auburn so they need to be fully focused on the Bulldogs or their season could take a nasty turn. They'll have two weeks to prepare for Bama's arrival as they have a bye week after the Georgia game.

Looking forward to LSU @ Bama tonight, the Tide's only other serious challenge between now and the end of the regular season.

mc_grens

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 05, 2013, 02:33:21 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 05, 2013, 01:47:49 PM

Agreed. Some teammate! I hope Martin can get back playing and get over this.

Unfortunately I'd say Martin is unlikely to be very welcome in an NFL locker-room either.

stringbean

Quote from: Syferus on November 10, 2013, 12:42:33 AM
Exciting times in Auburn, they cruised past Arkansas and the Vols (both away) and now only Georgia stands between them and what would be a monumental Iron Bowl at home to Bama.

Georgia is a huge rivalry game in itself for Auburn so they need to be fully focused on the Bulldogs or their season could take a nasty turn. They'll have two weeks to prepare for Bama's arrival as they have a bye week after the Georgia game.

Looking forward to LSU @ Bama tonight, the Tide's only other serious challenge between now and the end of the regular season.

Can't see auburn challengin bama, their too one dimensional so saban has between an the last game of the season to focus on stoppin the run game. Think florida state are the only team able to stop bama winnin another national title

ballinaman

That Hail Mary in the ravens bengals game was gas...what was yer man at!!volleyball!!

Wildweasel74

havent seen it, but that pass all the talk online

Syferus

Quote from: stringbean on November 10, 2013, 08:29:14 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 10, 2013, 12:42:33 AM

Can't see auburn challengin bama, their too one dimensional so saban has between an the last game of the season to focus on stoppin the run game. Think florida state are the only team able to stop bama winnin another national title

While I agree - Auburn would need to show more in the passing game against the Tide to have any hope, Saban loves to stop a team's main weapon (in Auburn's case, a stellar option offense) and see if they have enough to still be within an ass' roar of Bama - strange things happen in the Iron Bowl. Just look at the 2010 edition where Cam led Auburn from 24-7 down at HT to win in Bryant-Denny in the game that sent Auburn to their SEC and BSC national titles.

Interestingly enough historically Bama's toughest challenges have came from teams with dynamic running/option offenses. I think it could be a hell of a game.

The Iceman

Great to see the Bucs win last night - interesting week in NFL - thoroughly enjoyed a lot of the games!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight