American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asal Mor

Posting in purple just gave me the best idea. We should all post in our county colors. It would really jazz up the board. If your county has more than 1 color you can choose your favorite (I'm a bit envious of all the Carlow lads).

Syferus

Quote from: Asal Mor on September 21, 2013, 07:09:24 AM
Posting in purple just gave me the best idea. We should all post in our county colors. It would really jazz up the board. If your county has more than 1 color you can choose your favorite (I'm a bit envious of all the Carlow lads).

Why do you need to chose between your county's colours, Asal?

AZOffaly

Jaysus lads, headache city. Just watching a bit of college ball here on ESPN. It's a poor enough old slate of games this weekend although I'm looking forward to Michigan State and Notre Dame tonight and LSU v Tennessee is a traditionally good scrap too. Then ASU and Stanford later on. The game on now is Minnesota v San Jose State and by god are Minnesota deliberate and run orientated :) joey Galloway is co-commentating and I'd say he is doing his nut watching it as an old receiver. San Jose just scored a long passing TD and he nearly had a fit :)

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 21, 2013, 06:10:10 PM
Jaysus lads, headache city. Just watching a bit of college ball here on ESPN. It's a poor enough old slate of games this weekend although I'm looking forward to Michigan State and Notre Dame tonight and LSU v Tennessee is a traditionally good scrap too. Then ASU and Stanford later on. The game on now is Minnesota v San Jose State and by god are Minnesota deliberate and run orientated :) joey Galloway is co-commentating and I'd say he is doing his nut watching it as an old receiver. San Jose just scored a long passing TD and he nearly had a fit :)

I think you mean Auburn-LSU!

AZOffaly

Sorry, I do indeed. Don't know why Tennessee were in my head.

thejuice

This weeks game at the Phins was one I had down as a win for the Falcons. Really not sure now. They can get to the QB and our O-line is rubbery.

I had the Falcons going 10-6 at the start of the season but looking at the schedule now I'm not so sure.

Confident Wins
Rams
Jets
Buccs
@ Panthers
@ Buccs
@ Bills
Redskins
Panthers

Not So Sure Wins
@ Cards
@ Dolphins
Seahawks
Patriots

Probable Losses
@ Saints
Saints
@ Packers
@ 49ers

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Oraisteach

I'd say 10-6 is about right, juice.

mc_grens

You have them beating the Seahawks?!

Also I don't think they beat Miami in Miami. That D is for real and Atlanta is beat up.

thejuice

yeah, well, that makes it 10-6. thats also why they're in the 'not so sure' category.

Seattle aren't as good on the road.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

RealSpiritof98

Went with Giants -1.5, Cowboys -3.5, Vikings, Falcons +2.5 and Jets -2.5

was 4 for 5 last week.

Hoping for a big game from the 49ers this week.

Gabriel_Hurl

thejuice

thats a very disciplined O-LIne.

J70

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 22, 2013, 02:05:11 PM
Went with Giants -1.5, Cowboys -3.5, Vikings, Falcons +2.5 and Jets -2.5

was 4 for 5 last week.

Hoping for a big game from the 49ers this week.

The Giants are getting pummelled! 38-0 down... to CAROLINA!

Still more than ten minutes left. This could be one for the record books!

Eli sacked six times early on!

Capt Pat

The Vikings lost to the Browns at home this weekend.  :'( jaysus wept. The browns who gave away their best player last week and started their third string quarter back. It looks bad for coach Frasier and QB Christian Ponder. Next week it is the Steelers at Wembley. ::)

Gabriel_Hurl

This Bills vs Jets game is like watching 2 bald men fighting over a comb