American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Has it been rolled out for the rest of the world? If it's still only the US version of Madden 25 you'll need a good proxy service to get it working, something like TunnelBear.

It's only with the $99 anniversary edition, it should be said, and it's available on both PS3 and 360. PS3 is region free so you can get the US version no worries and play it. If you're getting Madden anyways and don't have Sky Sports it's probably the way to go for cheap NFL access, even with paying for a good proxy.

The Iceman

in the US you can buy Sunday Ticket for $145 for the year through the PS3. unfortunately it is NOT available with Madden 25 from what I understand. Only on the XBOX.
The ordinary Sunday Ticket through DirecTV is $299 so a good deal in my book through the PS3.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Syferus

Quote from: The Iceman on June 21, 2013, 09:10:15 PM
in the US you can buy Sunday Ticket for $145 for the year through the PS3. unfortunately it is NOT available with Madden 25 from what I understand. Only on the XBOX.
The ordinary Sunday Ticket through DirecTV is $299 so a good deal in my book through the PS3.

Pretty sure it was both when I checked, it's an Amazon exclusive.

..and this confirms it: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/17/limited-amazon-exclusive-madden-25-special-edition-includes-free/

Gabriel_Hurl

Aaron Hernandez arrested earlier - and the Pats have released him.

Must be serious if they did that

J70

No word on the charge yet. Must be bad if the Patriots cut him loose so quickly.

J70

David McKeown

I understand there's a more important issue in the arrest but it fairly screws up the Pats offence for next year. With Welker and Hernandez gone and Gronk a major injury doubt, New England will likely have to revamp that side of the ball again
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

J70

Well, luckily for them, the AFC East is utter shite!

AZOffaly

He's implicated in a murder isn't he?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: David McKeown on June 26, 2013, 04:10:55 PM
I understand there's a more important issue in the arrest but it fairly screws up the Pats offence for next year. With Welker and Hernandez gone and Gronk a major injury doubt, New England will likely have to revamp that side of the ball again

Can see them leaning on the RB's Ridley and Vereen a bit more than they expected to. Apart from Amendola all their other receivers are either veterans they picked up in free agency or inexperienced rookies. If Gronk stays healthy I think they'll be fine but they are really dependent on him now.

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 26, 2013, 07:13:25 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on June 26, 2013, 04:10:55 PM

Can see them leaning on the RB's Ridley and Vereen a bit more than they expected to. Apart from Amendola all their other receivers are either veterans they picked up in free agency or inexperienced rookies. If Gronk stays healthy I think they'll be fine but they are really dependent on him now.

Amendola has a chequered past with injury too. A very toxic concoction when you add in releasing Hernandez has left the Patriots hamstrung with more than $12 million in dead cap over the next two years.

Imagine if someone got a good clip at Brady's knee this season..

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteAaron Hernandez faces 6 charges, as disclosed during his arraignment. 5 gun charges, 1 charge of murder.

Oraisteach

Sounds like an ideal fit for the Raiders' bad boy image.

J70

Minder

@WesleyLowery (Boston Globe reporter) To be clear: DA's saying #hernandez shot Lloyd three times right after Lloyd got out of the car. Then stood over him & put two in his chest.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"