American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 12, 2013, 12:13:37 PM
Percy Harvin has been traded to the seahawks. The Vikings will get a first and seventh round pick from the Seahawks as well as a mid round pick in next years draft.

That is a brilliant trade for Seattle. Could be a contender next season if the defense holds up and QB doesn't have a sophomore slump.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 12, 2013, 02:25:36 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on March 12, 2013, 12:13:37 PM
Percy Harvin has been traded to the seahawks. The Vikings will get a first and seventh round pick from the Seahawks as well as a mid round pick in next years draft.

That is a brilliant trade for Seattle. Could be a contender next season if the defense holds up and QB doesn't have a sophomore slump.

I love this trade, the Queens feck up yet again, they are one of the worst franchises in sports, that said i just hope they screw up the first round pick!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

I agree. Terrible business from Vikings points of view. What must AP think? He should look to get traded too.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 12, 2013, 02:57:24 PM
I agree. Terrible business from Vikings points of view. What must AP think? He should look to get traded too.

He's not happy.

QuoteAdrian Peterson         @AdrianPeterson

The best all around player I ever seen or you'll ever see! Goes to Seattle! I feel like I just got kicked in the stomach. Several times!!!

That said the Vikings had no choice. Harvin was desperate to leave and they got a good deal for a player who wanted out of there and who as talented as he is, tends to miss a lot of games.

magpie seanie

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 12, 2013, 03:08:26 PM

He's not happy.

The best all around player I ever seen or you'll ever see! Goes to Seattle! I feel like I just got kicked in the stomach. Several times!!!

That said the Vikings had no choice. Harvin was desperate to leave and they got a good deal for a player who wanted out of there and who as talented as he is, tends to miss a lot of games.

I think they should have got more for Harvin than a first rounder and a lottery ticket. Maybe they can pick up another WR in free agency for les, there are plenty of good ones around.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 12, 2013, 03:17:25 PM

He's not happy.

I think they should have got more for Harvin than a first rounder and a lottery ticket. Maybe they can pick up another WR in free agency for les, there are plenty of good ones around.

The problem is that they let Harvin slabber about being desperate to get out and didnt have the balls to tell him to shut his mouth and that they would get it done, nah, not the Vikings, they are useless hoors altogether.

They should have gotten at least 2 first rounders, a second and two third rounders for that animal, he is a sublime football, he is intelligent, strong like bull and can run like the wind, Seattle are simply the next team in line to shaft the hapless vikings, long may it continue!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: stew on March 12, 2013, 04:07:17 PM

He's not happy.

The problem is that they let Harvin slabber about being desperate to get out and didnt have the balls to tell him to shut his mouth and that they would get it done, nah, not the Vikings, they are useless hoors altogether.

They should have gotten at least 2 first rounders, a second and two third rounders for that animal, he is a sublime football, he is intelligent, strong like bull and can run like the wind, Seattle are simply the next team in line to shaft the hapless vikings, long may it continue!

They were never going to get a haul like that for a wide receiver though. I think the Rams got something similiar to that from the Redskins for RG3 but that's because potentially great QB's are valued so highly. Teams covet those draft picks.

stew

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 12, 2013, 04:17:05 PM
Quote from: stew on March 12, 2013, 04:07:17 PM

He's not happy.

They were never going to get a haul like that for a wide receiver though. I think the Rams got something similiar to that from the Redskins for RG3 but that's because potentially great QB's are valued so highly. Teams covet those draft picks.

Three words " He's Percy Harvin'

Gabriel_Hurl

Looks like Wes Welker is swapping Tom Brady for Peyton Manning

Minder

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 13, 2013, 08:04:43 PM
Looks like Wes Welker is swapping Tom Brady for Peyton Manning

Yep Adam Schefter has confirmed it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Declan

Sure didn't the bould Tom take less money to keep lads like Wes ;)

magpie seanie

Bears got Martellus Bennett (good I think) and Jermon Bushrod in free agency. They're getting ripped for the Bushrod signing but surely he's not as bad as some make out? Is it that they overpaid or is the guy notgoing to be an upgrade on Webb?

Like the Bennett signing. Huge guy who is a decent blocker and pass catcher. Kellen Davis and Spaeth were simply no threat in the passing game.

Think the Falcons got a great deal with Steven Jackson. He won't have as many reps as in St Louis and is a big upgrade on Michael Turner in my view.

Seahawks are having a great free agency.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 15, 2013, 09:44:36 AM
Bears got Martellus Bennett (good I think) and Jermon Bushrod in free agency. They're getting ripped for the Bushrod signing but surely he's not as bad as some make out? Is it that they overpaid or is the guy notgoing to be an upgrade on Webb?

Like the Bennett signing. Huge guy who is a decent blocker and pass catcher. Kellen Davis and Spaeth were simply no threat in the passing game.

Think the Falcons got a great deal with Steven Jackson. He won't have as many reps as in St Louis and is a big upgrade on Michael Turner in my view.

Seahawks are having a great free agency.

Matt Williamson, former NFL scout, said this on Twitter the other day about Bushrod -

"If happens, not big on Bushrod to #Bears...benefited greatly from Brees' ability to get the ball out...below average starting OT"
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stew

Quote from: Declan on March 13, 2013, 09:15:20 PM
Sure didn't the bould Tom take less money to keep lads like Wes ;)

he did, he took 15 million less and was assured by the owner that he would keep the main men, they lost welker for a million a season over two years, thats ridiculous, I follow the Pats but the fcukers are loyal to know one and this is an awful decision that Brady is seriously pissed about, and well he should be, he gave back 15 mil to lose his best mate and number one receiver? Funny football as the man say's, rant over!

AZOffaly

Got Danny Amendola in from the Rams though, he's got potential so that might work out okay for the Pats. The Cardinals are doing a bit of water treading, Yeremiah Bell in is good, releasing Beanie Wells is probably also a good move, but is Rashad Mendenhall good enough to make up for an OLine made of statues? Also, Drew Stanton? Really?