American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

Could be, Minder, but after a 7-hour interview he still wants to speak to the Eagles and Bills, so we'll see.  If so, we'll a more mobile QB than Weedon.

magpie seanie

I will go for Houston, Baltimore, Green Bay (by 20) and Seattle. Most dodgy pick there is Houston who aren't playing as well now as earlier in the season. I am not sure Cincy can get ovwer the line though. Similar feelings about the Indy/Baltimore game. Just think Indy are shorter of talent all round. Green Bay to beat the Vikings is a lock. Seattle's defense should be the difference in the final tie.

AZOffaly

Quote from: thejuice on January 03, 2013, 01:07:42 PM
Can someone recommend  somewhere to watch the superbowl in Los Angeles?

We'll be there the weekend of the game and need to head to the airport straight afterwards. Might have to go easy on the booze but not adverse to stuffing my face like the locals.

Cheers.

I watched NFL Playoffs in ESPNZone in New York one time and it was good auld craic. Loads of TVs, Bit of roaring and shouting etc. There is an ESPN Zone in LA as well, so that might be worth checking out for the big one.

Minder

Ponder inactive for Vikings, Joe Webb to start. Could help Peterson (not that he needs it) as Webb can run like the wind.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

David McKeown

Great performance from Green Bay but Vikings have been poor. Ponder a huge loss IMO. Not a flashy qb but steady enough with the lack of weapons Vikings have.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

magpie seanie

Quote from: David McKeown on January 06, 2013, 03:20:39 AM
Great performance from Green Bay but Vikings have been poor. Ponder a huge loss IMO. Not a flashy qb but steady enough with the lack of weapons Vikings have.

Wow. What an amazing turnaround in performance in a week.  ::)

Go 'niners.

Capt Pat

Vikings are out but still a good year for them. A big improvement over last years three wins. Ponder was a massive loss before the game and they were never going to win without him.

The Texans won as expected.

AZOffaly

Good game between the Seahawks and Redskins last night, but Mike Shanahan wants a slap in the gob for letting RGIII suffer through that injury. When I saw his knee just buckle altogether I thought he'd done his ACL. It would be a shame if Shanahan has just caused a very promising career to hit a bump with a serious injury.

All the more so since Kirk Cousins, the Rookie backup is a very adequate performer, and showed that already when Griffin went down first. He's no RGIII, but he was better than the RGIII that was on display last night. That was about RG1.75

Ravens just too much for Indy, but I thought Luck was decent in a tough environment for him. RayRay gets to keep on keepin' on for one more week.

Some draft class for this year in fairness with RGIII, Luck, Cousins, Tannehill and Wilson. The Cards would take any one of them right now, but there's nothing remotely as good coming out this year. Barkley at USC would have been a hot prospect, but has been poor enough this season. Geno Smith at West Virginia might actually be the best of them, but he's a poor man's Griffin.

The Iceman

I think Ray may be finished? I watched an interview saying what a way to go out on home soil.... i thik thats why they put him in for the last offensive play as the FB, QB took the knee, Ray did his dance and that was it I think....

Seahawks were deserving winners against a beat up redskins team. I'm hoping they go all the way - would be a great Cinderella story.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ballinaman

Would love to see the Seahawks go all the way too, was at a game in Seattle versus the Cowboys a few years ago...unbelievable atmosphere.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: The Iceman on January 07, 2013, 04:06:46 PM
I think Ray may be finished? I watched an interview saying what a way to go out on home soil.... i thik thats why they put him in for the last offensive play as the FB, QB took the knee, Ray did his dance and that was it I think....

He announced his retirement last week

Gabriel_Hurl

Big night tonight with Notre Dame going against Alabama for the National title. Would be great if they could win – Bama are heavily favoured though (-10 points is the spread)

Hard to believe this undefeated season started in Dublin

The Iceman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 07, 2013, 04:10:24 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on January 07, 2013, 04:06:46 PM

He announced his retirement last week
I know he did but AZ was implying that he would continue on in the playoffs and I don't think he will....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

heganboy

he had 13 tackles y'day- no matter what thats his last home game. Those Baltimore folks take their Football very seriously, why would he not play?

As for the ND Bama Game tonight  9.5 is the spread with a 40.5 for the over under. Not expecting it to be pretty, but with that D, ND could pull it off...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

GalwayBayBoy