American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quote from: Puckoon on April 29, 2011, 11:40:31 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on April 29, 2011, 04:47:10 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 29, 2011, 09:22:05 AM
Delighted with Patrick Peterson. Of course the Cards need a lot more, including a QB, but they still have a chance of picking up a decent one in round 2, or else, more likely Free Agency.

Edit, just looking at a few sites there, appears to be a rumour about Patrick Peterson trade for Kevin Kolb.Not sure about that. I'd like someone like Kolb, but not for a 1st round pick.

Nevada's stud should be available in the second round AZ.  :)

And Kap goes to the 49ers. :)

2-0 as a starter, including lighting up a much touted Bears defence on MNF as his debut. Then into the superdome for a road win.

They'll have to take a look back at smith soon, can't keep up the "hot hand" forever?

That said the 49ers are a much more dangerous outfit when Kap is playing. Hopefully he can keep the mistakes off the board the same way Smith does.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Puckoon on November 26, 2012, 12:57:43 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on April 29, 2011, 11:40:31 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on April 29, 2011, 04:47:10 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 29, 2011, 09:22:05 AM
Delighted with Patrick Peterson. Of course the Cards need a lot more, including a QB, but they still have a chance of picking up a decent one in round 2, or else, more likely Free Agency.

Edit, just looking at a few sites there, appears to be a rumour about Patrick Peterson trade for Kevin Kolb.Not sure about that. I'd like someone like Kolb, but not for a 1st round pick.

Nevada's stud should be available in the second round AZ.  :)

And Kap goes to the 49ers. :)

2-0 as a starter, including lighting up a much touted Bears defence on MNF as his debut. Then into the superdome for a road win.

They'll have to take a look back at smith soon, can't keep up the "hot hand" forever?

That said the 49ers are a much more dangerous outfit when Kap is playing. Hopefully he can keep the mistakes off the board the same way Smith does.

Kapernick is a much better QB than Smith, he deserves the job. SF are going to take some beating this year.

Puckoon

He certainly is more explosive on the option. If he can keep the mistakes down the way smith had learned to, then he'll definitely be a better quarterback.

It will be interesting to see how Smith reacts from this. Years of being called a bust, then the 49ers flirt with Manning and now he's benched!

Minder

Peter King (Sports Illustrated) tweeted this -

Alex Smith since Harbaugh took over: 19-5-1, 64.2%, 7.36 YPA, plus-20 TD-Int ratio, 95.1 rating ... Stop viewing him through prism of 2007.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

That has somewhat made the decision to go with Kap recently all the more interesting. Harbaugh plays by his own rules and the remainder of the season will be interesting. Smith looked quite unhappy yesterday when the offense was playing well, and you can bet your ass that will be picked up on if its not already out there in the media.

He's a safe quarterback, in a job made easier by having an outstanding rush game. No doubt he can lead that offense very well. Kaepernick just adds a dimension or two that Smith does not seem to have.

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on November 26, 2012, 04:47:55 AM
Good call on the Pack, Stew.

Thanks Orais, I got to watch them indoors at practice and knew the writing was on the wall when they announced the injury list, my daughter is pissed at me for betting against them but that was as sure a thing as i have ever bet on.

Giving three I made $230 bucks, not a bad days betting and I am annoyed at myself for not having the balls to drop a couple large on the Giants, but then again I am not a gambler.

The packers will be a different proposition in the playoffs, I still think they will win the division and they will beat the Giants next time around, when it really matters, I wont be betting on that one. :)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gabriel_Hurl

Some price for the tickets to the National Title game already - starting at $1600

magpie seanie

Stew - NFC North will probably come down to December 16th in Soldier Field. If da Bears can win and square the divisional series it makes it tough for the Packers to win the division. Both will be tough playoff teams though I fancy.

GalwayBayBoy

Puckoon

Kaepernick in again for the 49ers this weekend. Smith is most likely looking for a job at the end of this season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8687095/colin-kaepernick-san-francisco-49ers-start-qb-st-louis-rams

thejuice

Bit harsh on Smith. Kaepernick might not be that great despite one good performance.

Looking forward to tonights game. Hope the falcons can redeem themselves after the last loss to the Saints. Just going for a lie down now so I'm not shattered for work.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Puckoon

You didn't think he was good in both games Juice?

It is a bit harsh on Smith, but it's the nature of the beast I guess. Harbaugh will look like quite the twit if Kaepernick blows up in a big game.

Minder

Quote from: Puckoon on November 29, 2012, 10:04:04 PM
You didn't think he was good in both games Juice?

It is a bit harsh on Smith, but it's the nature of the beast I guess. Harbaugh will look like quite the twit if Kaepernick blows up in a big game.

He was good alright but it's not as if Smith was stinking the place out, the opposite in fact. He obviously has the running ability that Smith doesn't, but one thing that you will find with NFL Defensive Coordinators they are not long in picking up on a quarterbacks tendencies, particularly "running quarterbacks", when they get a chance to study them (Cam Newton). Kaepernick probably still has the element of surprise, that won't last for long though.

I think every NFL head coach is looking for a Drew Bledsoe/Tom Brady scenario.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

Yeah. No doubt that Smith was playing good.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 27, 2012, 03:11:13 PM
Stew - NFC North will probably come down to December 16th in Soldier Field. If da Bears can win and square the divisional series it makes it tough for the Packers to win the division. Both will be tough playoff teams though I fancy.

The Pack own the bears Seanie, they will be a lot healthier and I am putting the $230.00 I won on them to beat them at Soldiers Field.

Character counts for a lot, Rodgers has it and Cutler does not, I would take Rodgers all day long before I would put any faith in that w**ker Cutler.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.