Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 15, 2012, 12:12:52 AM
Oh
My
f**king
God

That's just Arizona all over. Make the 4th down, make the 61 yarder, make the clutch drive, and then miss the chip shot to win it. Not content with that, they stop the Bills handy in OT, and then proceed to throw a manky interception which translated into the game winning FG for Buffalo. In fairness the Cardiac Cards usually find a way to win those games, especially in Arizona, but you can't keep doing that to yourself.

They're certainly not boring anyway :D

Minder

Vikings v Steelers at Wembley Sep 29 2013
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 15, 2012, 09:26:18 AM
Arizona are bloody entertaining!

Packers back to ominous form. 6 TD's against Houston's vaunted defense? Serious.

Seanie................... The Texans absolutely imploded.....they set a personal record for yards given up on penalties and they shot themselves in the foot from start to finish, hopefully Rodgers will get the support he needs from the O line and they push on from there.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Club Rossa

There will be some demand for tickets,now that the Steelers are coming.
I would imagine it will impact on ticket sales for the 49ers game.

Gabriel_Hurl

Was down in Ann Arbor, Michigan over the weekend for the Michigan vs. Michigan State game.

What an experience that was – 113,833 crammed into the place – 3rd highest attendance ever in the stadium and the 242nd game in a row with an attendance of over 100,000.

Club Rossa

That looks impressive Gabriel,but it wouldn't compare to an Ardboe v Moortown game at Michael Coney Park ;)

magpie seanie

Important win for da Bears puts them in a great position with two very winnable games coming up before a tough second half of the regular season. Woke at about 4.30am and it wasn't my turn so stumbled up to the TV but couldn't find the game on it - whats the story? I thought BBC had it on the red button and was going to watch the last 5 minutes. Wasn't on C4, Sky or ESPN either. Anyway - the result was all that mattered.

Crete Boom

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 23, 2012, 09:12:01 AM
Important win for da Bears puts them in a great position with two very winnable games coming up before a tough second half of the regular season. Woke at about 4.30am and it wasn't my turn so stumbled up to the TV but couldn't find the game on it - whats the story? I thought BBC had it on the red button and was going to watch the last 5 minutes. Wasn't on C4, Sky or ESPN either. Anyway - the result was all that mattered.

It's normally on BBC on the red button but could have been just over at the time you'd got up! They don't have any analysis just the game which is a bit weird when watching and to be honest I much preferred Monday night football on ESPN. Good win with the Defence getting another take away through Urlacher. Not a great night for Cutler who only threw for 150 yards as opposed to Stafford with about 261 yards but a win is a win.

anportmorforjfc

SF Giants into 2nd World Series in 3 years. Unbelievable combacks in both the NLDS being down 2-0 to Cincinnati and winning the series 3-2 and being down 3-1 to St Louis in the NLCS and winning the series 4-3. Detroit will certainly be favourites in the WS but this Giants team doesn't know when its beat.

Gabriel_Hurl

World Series starts tonight - would love to see the Giants win - but something tells me it'll be Detroit in 6

stew

The Pats are not right, they were lucky to beat the jets and they stink. the Pack are firing on all cylinders again and the Bears still suck every time they play the Pack, plus the Packers have them at home.

The crowd I work for just bought a box at the start of the season......they expect me to attend all home games and entertain customers going forward............................. any of you feckers want to entertain my customers for 4 hours every other Sunday????   :-[
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stringbean

Should be an interesting World Series, both teams have great pitching, however think the Tigers will have too much, especially given the added rest and the fact that it's virtually impossible to score runs on Verlander when he's pitching!

magpie seanie

Quote from: stew on October 24, 2012, 08:27:51 PM
The Pats are not right, they were lucky to beat the jets and they stink. the Pack are firing on all cylinders again and the Bears still suck every time they play the Pack, plus the Packers have them at home.

The crowd I work for just bought a box at the start of the season......they expect me to attend all home games and entertain customers going forward............................. any of you feckers want to entertain my customers for 4 hours every other Sunday????   :-[

The week 15 game is in Soldier Field. We'll see how it goes. To be fair, the Pack could easily be 6-1 and should be 5-2. They will take beating but I still think their lack of/weak running game will always cost them in the playoffs if they have home field. Not as easy to throw/catch with your hands falling off ya with the cold.

Anyway, is it time for you to admit you underestimated da Bears?

Capt Pat

Time for Stew to admit he was wrong about the vikings too. They will be 6-2 in a little over 24 hours.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Minder on October 16, 2012, 11:22:26 PM
Vikings v Steelers at Wembley Sep 29 2013

I have been off the radar the last couple of weeks, are tickets on sale yet?