American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

Yeah, Go Bucks.  Shuck those Huskers.

thejuice

RG III out injured Skins looking for a TD with 2 mins to go with a back up QB.

Falcons will be lucky to get out of this one to go 5-0. Only starting to look better since RG III went off and not by much.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

stew

In related news , the fecking Packers blow a 21-3 lead at the half and lose 30-27 with Rodgers getting sacked 5 times in the second half.

This season is ridiculous for the Packers, they are loaded for bear but blow games, the O line coach will be gone before Thanksgiving I reckon.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Capt Pat

The Vikings are flying at the moment with a facile 30-7 win over the Titans. The games will get tougher but I expect a newer younger team to get better as the season progresses. The Vikings and Bears now lead the packers by 2.

RG3 wasn't very clever getting a concussion tonight, he ran into contact to lose yards when he could have just thrown the ball away???

The Dolphins won too?

magpie seanie

Stew - you might have been right about da Bears not finishing above the Vikings! Still, I think they will finish above Detroit at least and will have 10+ wins so should have a good chance to get into the postseason. Defense playing great stuff - 5 td's in last 2 games (same as offense)!

Mentalman

Quote from: stew on October 07, 2012, 10:55:58 PM
In related news , the fecking Packers blow a 21-3 lead at the half and lose 30-27 with Rodgers getting sacked 5 times in the second half.

This season is ridiculous for the Packers, they are loaded for bear but blow games, the O line coach will be gone before Thanksgiving I reckon.

Watched it on redzone alright, piss poor showing in the 2nd half letting your QB get slaughtered. not looking good for a playoff spot bar some sort of miracle.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

The Iceman

Mental weekend of football. The pack are all over the place. Injuries everywhere. Defenses falling apart....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Crete Boom

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 08, 2012, 11:45:09 AM
Stew - you might have been right about da Bears not finishing above the Vikings! Still, I think they will finish above Detroit at least and will have 10+ wins so should have a good chance to get into the postseason. Defense playing great stuff - 5 td's in last 2 games (same as offense)!

Yeah the defence is on fire in terms of picks at the moment with Tillman rolling back the years. Great start for the Vikings but I think they might struggle in their division games. They gave Detroit enough chances in Ford field to win that game despite the scoreline and if they give Rogers enough chances in Lambo or Ponder fires into double coverage as much in Soldier field I couldn't see them wining either of those and division head to heads could decide the NFC north!

Oraisteach

Check out the Ohio State Marching Band halftime show in the Nebraska game, a tribute to video games.  And if you can't be bothered with all 15 minutes. be sure to see the horse at the 6:00 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqwIP1lVF_4

CiKe

Quote from: Oraisteach on October 09, 2012, 09:40:14 PM
Check out the Ohio State Marching Band halftime show in the Nebraska game, a tribute to video games.  And if you can't be bothered with all 15 minutes. be sure to see the horse at the 6:00 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqwIP1lVF_4

Class only thing i watched but was great.

RealSpiritof98

RealSpiritof98

clutch kick, 61 yards. Come on Arizona

RealSpiritof98

magpie seanie

Arizona are bloody entertaining!

Packers back to ominous form. 6 TD's against Houston's vaunted defense? Serious.

Canalman

For want of anything better on the box I watched about an hour of NYY v Detroit last night on ESPN. Haven't watched baseball for years but this game flew by as the pitchers were striking virtually everyone out. Can see why they say that it is pitchers that win titles.

Went to bed with the Yankees down 3-0 and the home crowd getting ratty.

Really enjoyed what I saw. Will check online later to see how game finished up.