American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

ONeill

Chargers had the Chiefs well beaten but collapsing by the minute. Another TD and they'll fold.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

RealSpiritof98

3 up 2 winning and need the Cards to nail the Dolphins in the 2nd half

barelegs

Another week another overtime loss for the Dolphins  :'(

Could easily be 3-1 but we're 1-3.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: barelegs on October 01, 2012, 12:34:59 AM
Another week another overtime loss for the Dolphins  :'(

Could easily be 3-1 but we're 1-3.

That Tannehill to Hartline looks to be another Brady to Welker package, they (Dolphins) will be back solid in two years with all their top picks maturing similar to the Seahawks and Browns.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Capt Pat

The Vikings are going from strength to strength. They beat the previously well fancied Lions  easily enough in Detriot tonight. The 49ers who the vikings beat the previous week hockeyed the Jets on the road as well.

The Falcons had a dramatic late win over the Panthers with Cam Newton fumbling to give the Falcons a late chance which Ryan took launching a pass half the length of the field to White from his own end zone to set up the winning field goal.

The Dolphins are nit really good enough and the narrow losses will help get them a better draft pixk in the end.

barelegs

The Dolphins aren't world beaters by any stretch but they've blown leads two weeks in a row late in the game before losing in overtime. Better game management and they would really have won (i.e. run the ball to run down the clock instead of throwing)

The run defence has been immense. Its something like 17 games from the Dolphins gave up 100 yards on the ground. I don't think the Cardinals got over 30. They just can't stop teams throwing on them!

Tannehill's showing promise, his decision making will improve with time, should give him a chance to win more matches. Bess had 140 yards as well tonight. The only problem for Miami is that outside of Fasano, Hartline and Bess they haven't really got too many options.

The next 10 years can't be much worse than the last 10! *crosses fingers*

RealSpiritof98

sweet, the Cards are the Ace clutch game team atm. Backed out of backing my 49ers like a pussy after last week.

AZOffaly

Does an O/T win count for betting purposes?

Normal service resumed this week as the Cardiac Cards returned. Last week was too straightforward, so they decided to spot the Dolphins 13 points, then when you had a chance to go ahead 8 points, they decided to throw an end zone INT, and give up an 80 yard bomb on the next play from the touchback to go behind by 7. Marched down the field then and got the game tying TD with 22 seconds left. 3 and out in the first drive of OT, but the Defense held, and forced another turnover. A couple of first downs later and Jay Feely kicked a 46 yard game winner. Crazy team, but you really get your money's worth.

Worrying outing for the defense though, as Tannehill absolutely picked them apart. They did get a few turnovers, but they gave up too many yards, and too many big plays to be sustainable for a season. That was the old MO, and it doesn't work.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

RealSpiritof98

yes always end result, if you have say NO+4 and they tie and concede a TD in OT you're stuffed, funny that way. Cards were the only team I didn't put on the spread line and got lucky.

Minder

Brady after rushing for a TD against the Bills ;D

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Crete Boom

Well it was at least Cutler and Marshall made it worth while to be half asleep in work today. Still not sure about this new improved offence if any any sustained pass rush is put on Cutler. Good to see Davis put in a decent shift a tight end cause the underneath coverage short yardage is going to be needed as most teams will look to blitz the Bears offensive line. Forte still doesn't look 100% yet but I suppose that's why Michael Bush was signed. Also the Cowboys seemed to get a lot of fairly easy rushing yards especially in the first half which is a little worrying. Still can't see my beloved Bears doing any better than a playoff appearance though cause Cutler is just too inconsistent and that offensive line still looks ready to crumble at any time.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Crete Boom on October 02, 2012, 03:10:50 PM
Well it was at least Cutler and Marshall made it worth while to be half asleep in work today. Still not sure about this new improved offence if any any sustained pass rush is put on Cutler. Good to see Davis put in a decent shift a tight end cause the underneath coverage short yardage is going to be needed as most teams will look to blitz the Bears offensive line. Forte still doesn't look 100% yet but I suppose that's why Michael Bush was signed. Also the Cowboys seemed to get a lot of fairly easy rushing yards especially in the first half which is a little worrying. Still can't see my beloved Bears doing any better than a playoff appearance though cause Cutler is just too inconsistent and that offensive line still looks ready to crumble at any time.

I'm optimistic. The o-line is bad but not the catastrophe of the last 2 years, pre bye week. They have improved a lot following the bye weeks in 2010 and 2011 and if they can cobble it together after this years bye week da Bears could be in business.

I was a little concerned about the Defense regressing slightly this season but I think it has improved. Better, more consistent pass rush and better at the back end too, Jennings in particular.

RealSpiritof98

Great Big 10 game on atm on ESPN, Ohio State v Nebraska. Not much D going on to be honest.