American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 18, 2012, 10:57:23 AM
Woke up at 5 as the baby needed feeding and checked the socre on my phone - couldn't believe the game was still in progress! Was against Atlanta's D/ST in one fantasy league and lost by 3 points so Mannings 3 INT's cost me.

Not often has anyone said Manning cost them, the man is fantastic..........................last night he was awful but hopefully this is a blip and not who he has been post surgery's.

Probably not as good as week one and better than week 2, I think he is still a top ten quarterback but top five is probably a stretchat this stage.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Meant to say, that Jay Cutler is some knob. It's always about him. What he did on the sideline to that lineman was out of order. And his comments afterwards. Whatever happened to winning and losing as a team.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 19, 2012, 02:02:07 PM
Meant to say, that Jay Cutler is some knob. It's always about him. What he did on the sideline to that lineman was out of order. And his comments afterwards. Whatever happened to winning and losing as a team.

Yeah, Cutler for all his talent isn't my cup of tea. To be fair he is getting lumps knocked out of him and it must be annoying. Webb is simply not good enough for any position on the O-line and defo not left tackle, facing a marauding Clay Matthews! 

AZOffaly

There's a lot of quarterbacks getting lumps knocked out of them that don't try and humiliate their O-Linemen in public. That's what team meetings and video is for. Jesus Kurt Warner was running for his life behind the Cardinals O-Line for years. Ben Roethlisberger had 5 turnstiles in front of him at times over the past few years. You just can't do what he (Cutler) did. He has a rep for this as well, ex team mates seem to hate him.

magpie seanie

I agree, it's totally unacceptable to disrespect teammates in public.

As a Bears fan though I'm tired of this messy o-line. Like the last 2 years it will probably get fixed enough to get by but I'd just like to see what Cutler could do with the protection the top QB's get. His head got completely scrambled the last night, not seeing wide open guys and trying to force balls into tight areas.

AZOffaly

The other thing is this happened at 0-3 in the game. I'd say Webb said 'f**k you so' seeing as how they went on to allow 7 sacks :)

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 19, 2012, 03:03:29 PM
The other thing is this happened at 0-3 in the game. I'd say Webb said 'f**k you so' seeing as how they went on to allow 7 sacks :)

Well if he did his contract should be terminated!

I don't think this was the case. Webb was trying but he is a big, lumbering guy. Matthews was too quick and tricky for him although on a few occasions Webb should have done much better, you have to be able to get in the way an odd time! I think he's just not very good.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 19, 2012, 02:15:59 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 19, 2012, 02:02:07 PM

Yeah, Cutler for all his talent isn't my cup of tea. To be fair he is getting lumps knocked out of him and it must be annoying. Webb is simply not good enough for any position on the O-line and defo not left tackle, facing a marauding Clay Matthews!

Matthews is going to destroy the single season sack record if he stays fit, he is still young and hasnt even peaked yet, the man is an animal.

Cutler is an arrogant idiot, he is always whinging and throwing his team mates under the bus and is accountable for nothing, the Packers know that they will never be a threat with a no character child like Cutler at the helm, he is a good qb but he is simply not worth it and I would say this will be his last season with the bears if and when they fail to make the playoffs.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

Chargers getting their arses handed to them.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

RealSpiritof98

Cards looking dreamy, had then +4, dont rate the eagles, but they're on self destruct ATM

Minder

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 23, 2012, 10:42:54 PM
Cards looking dreamy, had then +4, dont rate the eagles, but they're on self destruct ATM

Andy Reid will be getting the boot soon I would say.

AZOffaly

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 23, 2012, 10:42:54 PM

Hold tough, the inevitable implosion is due any minute. I'm thinking a kickoff return for TD followed by a fumble return.

barelegs

Dolphins back to their best tonight  ::)

Give up 10 point lead- fall behind
Take the game to overtime.
Lose toss
Make Jets punt
Get in field goal range
Miss fieldgoal
Give up big play
Block Jets field goal seconds after you've just 'iced' the kicker
Watch Jets make subsequent field goal

Different season: same Dolphins  :'(

Minder

Quote from: barelegs on September 23, 2012, 10:55:25 PM
Dolphins back to their best tonight  ::)

Give up 10 point lead- fall behind
Take the game to overtime.
Lose toss
Make Jets punt
Get in field goal range
Miss fieldgoal
Give up big play
Block Jets field goal seconds after you've just 'iced' the kicker
Watch Jets make subsequent field goal

Different season: same Dolphins  :'(

Tannahill looks decent, with absolutely nobody worth a shit at receiver.