American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

That is a big punishment for the Saints, they will be in turmoil now. There are suspensions coming for the defensive players now as well. They are being held up by an independent investigation by the NFLPA the players association.

I predict a big comedown for the Saints next year. They will miss their head coach a lot.

DrinkingHarp

I don't think the fines and suspensions are unjust for the Saints. What they were doing was trying to eliminate players from play and possible careers. For once this is something I believe the NFL has done right and has sent a stern warning to other teams, although they should have came down harder on Belichick with his "spygate" a few years back to keep the system fair and level for all teams.

On the NFL Network the Broncos are looking for $5 Million with the draft picks for Tebow to complete the deal which could essentially end the trade.

Warren Sapp outed Shockey as the leak for the Saints Bounty Program which is big news since the both went to the U of Miami and they stick together no matter what. Shockey has become a prima dona and just alienated himself from the U and the entire NFL if Sapp's allegations are correct.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

magpie seanie

I was shocked when I read up as to what the bounty scheme was. Saints coaches and players involved in this deserve any punishment they get.

Gabriel_Hurl

Few pieces of NFL news today

The OT rules that were in place for last years post-season will be in effect for all games this year.

All turnovers will now be subject to review like scoring plays. No coaching challenges will be needed.

Brandon Jacobs has reached an agreement to sign with the 49ers

The Giants and the Cowboys kick off the season - Wednesday September 5th at Met-Life Stadium

J70

The Giants have lost Jacobs AND Manningham to the 49ers?

Not too surprised with Jacobs leaving. He had a good post-season this year, but his form was very poor for a long, long stretch leading up to that. Poor yardage for a big lad.

thejuice

Is the 2012 NFL schedule out yet?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Minder

Quote from: thejuice on March 29, 2012, 07:22:16 PM
Is the 2012 NFL schedule out yet?

No, sometime in April I think.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

J70

Not out yet, but the Giants will play the Cowboys at the Meadowlands in the opening game.

Gabriel_Hurl

New NFL uniforms from Nike are being revealed today - and if they are anything like this - I'm afraid

http://www.nfloffseason.com/post/20410548132/the-new-seattle-seahawks-uniforms-have-arrived

Actually - they aren't too bad

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 21, 2012, 10:28:17 PM
I was shocked when I read up as to what the bounty scheme was. Saints coaches and players involved in this deserve any punishment they get.

They all try and knock each other out, the players on other teams have no problem with what they did, in other words, like the patriots spying scandal before them, everyone is at it, they got caught and therein lies the difference!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 03, 2012, 04:49:48 PM
New NFL uniforms from Nike are being revealed today - and if they are anything like this - I'm afraid

http://www.nfloffseason.com/post/20410548132/the-new-seattle-seahawks-uniforms-have-arrived

Actually - they aren't too bad

Was a bit disappointed with the new Nike uniforms. 95% of them looked identical to the old Reebok stuff. Was half expecting some of the more out there uniforms that Nike produce for some of the College teams.

5 Sams

Watching a superb documentary on PBS at the minute on the history of Baseball...fcuk thon Ty Cobb was a cnut!! Babe Ruth fairly enjoyed himself...great insight..
The Aristocrat Years

GalwayBayBoy

stew

Quote from: 5 Sams on April 05, 2012, 12:49:25 AM
Watching a superb documentary on PBS at the minute on the history of Baseball...fcuk thon Ty Cobb was a cnut!! Babe Ruth fairly enjoyed himself...great insight..

Ty Cobb was the most hated player in baseball history, his own team mates couldnt stand him and he was as bad a racist as you could get.

Babe Ruth could do it all, he was a pitcher at the major league level and he was a switch hitter, he also loved the ladies and they loved his fame and his money. He was great to kids, especially orphans as he was one himself, a great character altogether.

I would have loved to see how he would have matched up against the negro league players though, that would have been something.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

5 Sams

Quote from: stew on April 05, 2012, 10:58:57 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on April 05, 2012, 12:49:25 AM

Ty Cobb was the most hated player in baseball history, his own team mates couldnt stand him and he was as bad a racist as you could get.

Babe Ruth could do it all, he was a pitcher at the major league level and he was a switch hitter, he also loved the ladies and they loved his fame and his money. He was great to kids, especially orphans as he was one himself, a great character altogether.

I would have loved to see how he would have matched up against the negro league players though, that would have been something.

Have you watched that series on PBS Stew...fascinating stuff. Each episode covers a different decade from the 1900s onwards.
The Aristocrat Years