American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

gawa316

Quote from: Minder on January 14, 2012, 10:20:39 PM
How bout them Niners?

The wife's cousin's wife is an ex 9er cheerleader and is going nuts.

What a game

Gabriel_Hurl

Back in your box Tim.

Tom is still the daddy!!

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 15, 2012, 03:59:55 AM
Back in your box Tim.

Tom is still the daddy!!

It has been a good season.  Avoided consecutive losing seasons, won the AFC West, first playoff win in six years.  I admire talent and class and that's what Brady and Co have in abundance.  You offered me a Divisional play-off match against the Patriots back in week one I would have snapped it up.

thejuice

Hell of a win last night for the niners. Its amazing how much they have improved under Harough. I'm not sure if the talent they have available has changed much over the years but they've had a few coaches.

As for the other game well it wasn't a shock by any means. Pats are looking good.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

GalwayBayBoy

Yeah the Pats did what they had to do. The Broncos were always going to have difficulty keeping up with the rate the Pats can score at and as you would expect the Pats did their homework and managed to keep Tebow bottled up. Plus once they jumped out to a big lead it forced Tebow to throw more than the Broncos probably hoped for.

49ers and Saints was one of the best playoff games in years. Think the lead changed hands 4 times in the last 4 minutes.

Carmen Stateside

Baltimore will get killed by New England if they perform like that again.
Next game should be good!

GalwayBayBoy

Not much in that game. Terrible mistake by Jacoby Jones early on proved the difference. Gifted the Ravens 7 points.

Texans had more passing and rushing yards but the errors killed them.

Minder

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 15, 2012, 09:17:22 PM
Not much in that game. Terrible mistake by Jacoby Jones early on proved the difference. Gifted the Ravens 7 points.

Texans had more passing and rushing yards but the errors killed them.

Schaub at QB would probably have won that game.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Carmen Stateside

Minder

That was some bullshit call

GalwayBayBoy

Giants unlucky there. Don't know how that wasn't ruled a fumble. Seemed fairly clear.

Carmen Stateside

Unreal! How do you not reverse that call?  Gift of a TD for Packers, could be a massive call!

sammymaguire

Luck going against the Giants early on which does not auger well at Lambeau... Need to keep the scores tight and stay with the Packers or they could lose this by 2-3 TDs  :-\ hopefully not.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Minder

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 15, 2012, 10:34:21 PM
Luck going against the Giants early on which does not auger well at Lambeau... Need to keep the scores tight and stay with the Packers or they could lose this by 2-3 TDs  :-\ hopefully not.

I think the Giants will be in this to the death.