American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 07, 2012, 12:42:06 PM
Lions to beat the Saints?????? You are not the only one to say it but come on they are not even close to the beating the Saints on the road imho. It is not like the saints have any injuries to key players. The Saints are my tip for the superbowl.

The rest I agree with. The Steelers have issues at running back but should be too strong for the Broncos.
The Texans should beat the Bengals if Andre Johnson plays the full game.
The Falcons might just beat the Giants but that game is too close to call.

i think you can get odds of 5:1 on that result pretty sure thats what i saw in one of todays papers
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

mc_grens

Texans, Steelers, Saints, Giants.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thejuice

what time is tonight's games kicking off around on this side of the big green and blue marble.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

gawa316

Quote from: thejuice on January 07, 2012, 08:09:13 PM
what time is tonight's games kicking off around on this side of the big green and blue marble.

Houston game at 9.30pm and Saints game 1am

thejuice

right so, beers ready. good high tempo play so far. should be a fun game
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Gabriel_Hurl

Really looking forward to the playoffs - apart from the Stanley Cup Final itself - its the best part of American sports

thejuice

Bengals looking the better so far. Dalton is playing quite well and they could even be winning by more.

Carmen Stateside

Right want a bet on the next. Thinking saints -11 what you all think?

Minder

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 08, 2012, 12:26:22 AM
Right want a bet on the next. Thinking saints -11 what you all think?

Yeah I would go for it.

Carmen Stateside

Minder

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 08, 2012, 12:33:56 AM
Ok Minder its on you!

This day last year I did them to cover the spread against the Seahawks.........

Carmen Stateside

I was in Vegas. Best place for games! Bets on, come on the saints!

Capt Pat

Well if I had to call it at the half I would go with the Lions. They are up 14-10 and their D Line is putting pressure on Brees.

The Texans came through easily enough 31-10. Apart from QB they are the best team in the NFL right now imho.

Carmen Stateside

Nice one minder! Bit of a sweat but Brees a different class. Owe you a pint when I get home!