Previous topic - Next topic

Family guy

Some start by the falcons,marched up in 2 attacks to touch down

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Family guy on October 10, 2011, 02:18:35 AM
Some start by the falcons,marched up in 2 attacks to touch down
Quote from: Capt Pat on October 10, 2011, 02:13:06 AM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 10, 2011, 01:18:53 AM
49ers 4-1, I love this red zone craic on sky. Thumped the Buccs. Gore is an animal. Got the bet up this weekend too. Just tucking into the 2nd bottle of Red, gonna watch late game but this new channel 4 presenter is a bit of a dungbag

He is a bit out of shape. He reminds me of Homer Simpson when he put on all the weight and had to wear special clothes that looked like dresses.

I know why didnt they hide him behind a table r sum thing.

Falcons looking gud, but u cant back against rodgers might go and see what price they are now

Family guy

Looking at betting as well,packers getting the ball in the second as well

gawa316

Quote from: Minder on October 09, 2011, 10:46:39 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on October 09, 2011, 10:34:11 PM
If it was a QB like Vick facing 1 man to get a game winning TD he would have ran.

Shaub seemed to lack the cojones.

Thankfully.

Very hard to know where the Raiders are at after a performance like that.

The penny is maybe finally dropping for Heyward-Bey

What do you mean by that minder?

Minder

Quote from: gawa316 on October 10, 2011, 09:12:55 AM
Quote from: Minder on October 09, 2011, 10:46:39 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on October 09, 2011, 10:34:11 PM
If it was a QB like Vick facing 1 man to get a game winning TD he would have ran.

Shaub seemed to lack the cojones.

Thankfully.

Very hard to know where the Raiders are at after a performance like that.

The penny is maybe finally dropping for Heyward-Bey

What do you mean by that minder?

Well he had 490 receiving yards in his first two seasons and he has 263 after 4 games. He was the stereotypical Al Davis pick, unbelievable speed but considered a reach at #7.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

Quote from: new devil on October 10, 2011, 01:41:10 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 10, 2011, 01:00:15 AM
Tebow is a joke but give them what they want. Brady Quinn is a better qb than Tebow. Orton to Miami could happen now.

Why do you say he is a joke seanie? He's a proven winner and a lot of the shit he gets Is stirred up by the media because of his reglious believes.... Done well when he came in today.... And I think if he was given a run of games he would prove a lot of people wrong

Because he cannot throw the ball. On his first two series he went 3 and out and guess what - no-one booed! He can run granted but in the NFL you have to throw the ball well and he can't. San Diego obviously weren't set up for him but I hope he is under center (more likely in shotgun as he nearly fumbled 3 times when under center) when da Bears go to Mile High.

As for his religious beliefs I think he's daft but he's entitled to his beliefs. It has nothing to do with his football though, it is a red herring argument.

AZOffaly

In college Tim Tebow was a winner, no doubt about it. But Tebow's strength in college was his physique at college level and his ability to run the option and quarterback keepers. He does not throw a good ball, and this is the NFL. If the offense is built around him running option plays, the lad will be killed. NFL linebackers and safeties are not College Linebackers, even in the SEC.

gawa316

Quote from: Minder on October 10, 2011, 09:30:47 AM

Well he had 490 receiving yards in his first two seasons and he has 263 after 4 games. He was the stereotypical Al Davis pick, unbelievable speed but considered a reach at #7.

So you mean he's beginning to realise his potential?

On a different note I can still not get my head round how fickle some American football fans are. They 'support' them things are going well but the rest of the time they just slate the shite outta them. Booing and shouting abuse at every opportunity. I remember the abuse Damarcus Russell (yes I know he was shite) got in one match I was at.  How they think this will help them perform is beyond me! I've a mate who is a bronco's fan, he wants them to lose every game this season so they can pick up Luck in the draft...absolute madness

Minder

Quote from: gawa316 on October 10, 2011, 11:00:59 AM

Yeah he possibly is.

tyroneman

The question is will Jason Campbell realise his potential in tandem?

Raiders have a very talented squad of recievers, with youth on their side.  If JC can develop alongside them we might just be back in business.

The first post Al draft will be verrry interesting.....

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: gawa316 on October 10, 2011, 11:00:59 AM

On a different note I can still not get my head round how fickle some American football fans are. They 'support' them things are going well but the rest of the time they just slate the shite outta them. Booing and shouting abuse at every opportunity. I remember the abuse Damarcus Russell (yes I know he was shite) got in one match I was at.  How they think this will help them perform is beyond me! I've a mate who is a bronco's fan, he wants them to lose every game this season so they can pick up Luck in the draft...absolute madness

Similar to the Orton/Tebow situation.  Orton is nothing special but it makes the job that much harder when your own fans are booing you at games and are shouting for an unproven QB to take your place.  Not to mind that your own fans are erecting billboards at a massive cost just to get their point across.  You would have to be mentally strong to not let that get to you when you are trying to win games.

In saying that now that Tebow is named as starter for Week 7 against Miami they should give him a few games to see if he can do the job at this level.

The Claw

You have to love Tebow lads, I think he will really spark the Broncos this year. When he played last year he put up big numbers throwing and rushing. The man is an animal - he is built like a linebacker - much more able to take hits than Vick.

What the hell I'm gonna say what a few people are afraid to say - Tebow will be a very good NFL player.

Galwaybhoy

I hope you're right.  No better place for him to start this season than against Miami who will be 0-5 by the time week 7 comes around.

Minder

Quote from: The Claw on October 11, 2011, 07:54:41 PM
You have to love Tebow lads, I think he will really spark the Broncos this year. When he played last year he put up big numbers throwing and rushing. The man is an animal - he is built like a linebacker - much more able to take hits than Vick.

What the hell I'm gonna say what a few people are afraid to say - Tebow will be a very good NFL player.

In the three games he started at the end of last season he threw for 138, 308 and 205 yards. Hardly massive numbers. He is competitive and has a great attitude but i just don't think he is good enough throwing the ball, we will soon find out i suppose.

Minder

AdamSchefter: NFL owners today approved a resolution to continue playing regular-season games in the United Kingdom through the 2016 season.

I think they should give a few other countries a chance to host games too, Germany in particular.