American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Mad enough game at Denver v Chargers. Plenty of digging. Can a man get sent off? Rivers even managed a TD.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Yeah, looks spikey enough alright. You can be ejected. The signal for that is very funny. The ref jerks his thumb over his shoulder like he's trying to point at someone behind him.

The Denver fans are daft. Screaming for Tebow. Tell the fecking receivers to get open.

As for the Cardinals  ::)

tyroneman

If it was a QB like Vick facing 1 man to get a game winning TD he would have ran.

Shaub seemed to lack the cojones.

Thankfully.

Very hard to know where the Raiders are at after a performance like that.

ONeill

Are the Denver fans normally that vocal? Seem a bit manic.

Minder

Quote from: tyroneman on October 09, 2011, 10:34:11 PM
If it was a QB like Vick facing 1 man to get a game winning TD he would have ran.

Thankfully.

The penny is maybe finally dropping for Heyward-Bey
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mc_grens

Quote from: Minder on October 09, 2011, 10:46:39 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on October 09, 2011, 10:34:11 PM

Thankfully.

The penny is maybe finally dropping for Heyward-Bey

The eagles haven't exactly been clutch of late!

AZOffaly

Quote from: ONeill on October 09, 2011, 10:44:42 PM

Mile High was a tough place to win always. But they seem to have gone loopy for Tebow for some reason, and Orton is getting a real rough time there. Sure some of them have spent 10k on a billboard in Denver saying 'Play Tebow'

ONeill

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 09, 2011, 10:58:30 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 09, 2011, 10:44:42 PM

Mile High was a tough place to win always. But they seem to have gone loopy for Tebow for some reason, and Orton is getting a real rough time there. Sure some of them have spent 10k on a billboard in Denver saying 'Play Tebow'

He's on now!

AZOffaly

3 and out. Booooo!!!! Bring on Elway.

magpie seanie

Tebow is a joke but give them what they want. Brady Quinn is a better qb than Tebow. Orton to Miami could happen now.

barelegs

As a Miami fan, I can't see Orton coming to the Dolphins now. At 0-4 our season is as good as done. As bewildering and all as some of the choices that the ownership has made in the last year trading for a quarterback before installing a new head coach and GM (dead men walking) isn't likely.

There's a sizeable proportion of the fanbase already hoping that as we can get Andrew Luck in the 2012 draft. Even if we don't get Luck next year's draft is QB deep so the Dolphins might finally get the franchise QB we've been after for the last decade.

RealSpiritof98

49ers 4-1, I love this red zone craic on sky. Thumped the Buccs. Gore is an animal. Got the bet up this weekend too. Just tucking into the 2nd bottle of Red, gonna watch late game but this new channel 4 presenter is a bit of a dungbag

new devil

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 10, 2011, 01:00:15 AM
Tebow is a joke but give them what they want. Brady Quinn is a better qb than Tebow. Orton to Miami could happen now.

Why do you say he is a joke seanie? He's a proven winner and a lot of the shit he gets Is stirred up by the media because of his reglious believes.... Done well when he came in today.... And I think if he was given a run of games he would prove a lot of people wrong

Family guy

Quote from: new devil on October 10, 2011, 01:41:10 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 10, 2011, 01:00:15 AM

Why do you say he is a joke seanie? He's a proven winner and a lot of the shit he gets Is stirred up by the media because of his reglious believes.... Done well when he came in today.... And I think if he was given a run of games he would prove a lot of people wrong

Hows your nfl season goin this year new devil????You need me to keep you right again lol

Capt Pat

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 10, 2011, 01:18:53 AM
49ers 4-1, I love this red zone craic on sky. Thumped the Buccs. Gore is an animal. Got the bet up this weekend too. Just tucking into the 2nd bottle of Red, gonna watch late game but this new channel 4 presenter is a bit of a dungbag

He is a bit out of shape. He reminds me of Homer Simpson when he put on all the weight and had to wear special clothes that looked like dresses.