American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

The pride of Cleveland Glenville High School ("The Tarblooders") and Ohio State.

Carmen Stateside

Dallas crumble in the fourth.  Jets had been poor all night but got fortunate with a punt block returned for touchdown.  Massive 50yard kick from Folk to win it.  Good start for Jets considering how poor they played especially early on.

Carmen Stateside

Burress had a good game aswell.  Had a big hand in Jets getting back into it, TD included.

mc_grens

Quote from: ONeill on September 11, 2011, 11:21:44 PM
Rivers has thrown some balls of dung tonight. Then he starts twisting with Turner. All is not well.

If San Diego end up getting 12, 13 wins this year Rivers is MVP. He was out of sync early, but there's no doubt who leads that team.

No Superbowl this year will be the end of Norv.

ballinaman

Quote from: mc_grens on September 12, 2011, 08:37:09 AM
Quote from: ONeill on September 11, 2011, 11:21:44 PM
Rivers has thrown some balls of dung tonight. Then he starts twisting with Turner. All is not well.

If San Diego end up getting 12, 13 wins this year Rivers is MVP. He was out of sync early, but there's no doubt who leads that team.

No Superbowl this year will be the end of Norv.
Special teams balls up again ffs. Tolbert adds much needed physicality. Kaeding is a big loss, can't see schrifes taking over though. Could do with Matthews have a good season too. Norv should have bit the bullet 2 years ago.

thejuice

How about Cam Newton. 422yds on his debut. Even if they lost that is really really impressive.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

the Deel Rover

Quote from: thejuice on September 12, 2011, 08:00:23 PM
How about Cam Newton. 422yds on his debut. Even if they lost that is really really impressive.

they were saying it was the most passing yards ever by a rookie in their debut match the previous best was peyton manning
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 12, 2011, 08:36:03 PM
Quote from: thejuice on September 12, 2011, 08:00:23 PM

they were saying it was the most passing yards ever by a rookie in their debut match the previous best was peyton manning

It was unreal. Very frustrating listening/watching it. Fecking Cardinals secondary got torched, again. And again. And again. But the Cards kept coming back with Kolb, who was very good too. With the mess at QB last year Cardinals would have lost that game by a mile.

The Cards schedule is very tough this year, as is all of the NFC west teams. 7-9 could win it again this year! One thing for sure, if the Cardinals Defense plays like that against the truly good teams, watch out. Michael Vick could pass for 700 yards against them.

mc_grens

Breaking news on Monday Night Football:

Fergie is HAWT!

Capt Pat

Eric Berry safety of the Chiefs is out for the year with an ACL.

Puckoon

mc_grens

Quote from: Puckoon on September 13, 2011, 03:11:56 AM
Tom Brady is just a stud.

Every year on my fantasy team I try to make sure I have s couple players who are fun to own and root for, players that do mental things now and again. Brady was one of them for me last year.

This year it's Welker, Gates, and maybe Le Sean McCoy.

Others from the past have included LT, Andre Johnston, Peterson, Moss... I especially liked Johnston. I remember him catching like a 45 odd yard pass with three lads hanging off him and dragging the three of them into the end zone. Such a beast.

Welker's 99-yarder last night was one of those moments.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

Sebastian Janikowski, the Raiders kicker, kicked a 63 yard field goal last night in Denver :D

gawa316

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 13, 2011, 11:30:53 AM
Sebastian Janikowski, the Raiders kicker, kicked a 63 yard field goal last night in Denver :D

I see he said he kicked a 70 yarder in the pre-game!!

Winning start for the Raiders anyway, could will be a long season though